Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as i love my poulans, i have to say the baddest saw ever made was the sp 125. Hands down. I dont think anything can hang with one, even after all these years.
I have never run sp 125 but Jonsereds 111s
That's the baddest I have run Dam sweeds never sent them to the east coast
on ebay in 5 years I have only seen 1 it was over a grand
I too still need my Poulans ... I past love years ago

Well here it is. [emoji41]
Guess he wasn't pulling my chain.
cdbe77aebbb31457ab646f7e36401d16.jpg
e4bceb94335feb6d49d5be61accf71e3.jpg

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

The guy i bought all my poulans from awhile back was aervice manager for poulan for years until the shop went out of buisness. He then went to work for a case dealer that deals stihl for a number of years.

When we were talking he said people get all wound up over stihls, then he pointed to the 5200 and said "these here were the real deal". :crazy2:

I have never run sp 125 but Jonsereds 111s
That's the baddest I have run Dam sweeds never sent them to the east coast
on ebay in 5 years I have only seen 1 it was over a grand
I too still need my Poulans ... I past love years ago
The 111's are great, the 125 is just a mite better IMHO.

I'll dig around, may have some parts somewhere.

They're worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay LOL! [emoji23][emoji41]

I've never seen a 105cc Remington with the planetary reduction sell before, so I can't say what you'd get for it if you were to sell it.

P.S., watch out for a cracked coil, if your coil is cracked but still produces spark, paint it with liquid tape to prevent water from ruining it.

The coil is cracked to heck. I was able to locate a wire and was able to successfully solder the spark plug lead back onto it. I was going to use marine epoxy to hopefully seal it better. My spark is very bright when a reasonable RPM is achieved but I cant help but feel that starting will be difficult. Do you think this unit has any degree of collectivity? How rare/common are these GL-7R saws?

Latest posts

Back