Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac&Homelite

Mac&Homelite

Addicted to ArboristSite
Diesel fuel at the farm, parts washer cleaner at work, learned my lesson about purple power on a 3400, faded out the color.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
I know fun right! I was sure smiling at myself after I used it. On the bright side, I found that some fine polishing compound for aluminum with WD-40 on a rag brings back the color to nearly original.

astnmacgto

astnmacgto

Carnac The Magnificent
Well how was everybodys weekend? Mine was pretty good. Got disappointed by the ms361 but the Homelite 350 came to the rescue and got the job done. Got some more cleaning done on the Mac 250. It's a very pretty saw underneath all the grime. Heads up for those looking for a cheap cleaner, don't use purple power, keresose is about the best you can get. The purple power dulled the paint really bad on the Mac and didn't even clean that well. Lesson learned on an unseen area, and hopefully I can spare someone else some agony.
190eac3b0a7f5f347b72f79e65ecd369.jpg
Yes, it dulls it badly, already learned that lesson lol

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had something weird happen with a saw. It's an early 024. I cleaned up the saw, then replaced the clutch side seal. I then found the fuel line to be bad. I replaced the fuel line and tried to start it. It wouldn't start. Then I order a carburetor kit. 1 week later I take the carburetor off the saw and I check for impulse and there is gas blowing out of the impulse line when I pull it. The tank was about 1/2 full before I let it set a week and by now it had emptied. I rebuild the carburetor and I then can't get it to hit or fire. What could be wrong?
I took the plug out and let it sit. It will be a while before I get to work on it because I have to have a 1949 ford truck repainted by the first of August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kensie1988

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
I had something weird happen with a saw. It's an early 024. I cleaned up the saw, then replaced the clutch side seal. I then found the fuel line to be bad. I replaced the fuel line and tried to start it. It wouldn't start. Then I order a carburetor kit. 1 week later I take the carburetor off the saw and I check for impulse and there is gas blowing out of the impulse line when I pull it. The tank was about 1/2 full before I let it set a week and by now it had emptied. I rebuild the carburetor and I then can't get it to hit or fire. What could be wrong?
I took the plug out and let it sit. It will be a while before I get to work on it because I have to have a 1949 ford truck repainted by the first of August.

Is it possible for the fuel tab to leak into the crank case?

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Did you turn the saw over to clear out the crank case while pulling the starter rope?

I did not. I will try that before i try to start it again. I still can't figure out how it got that bad flooded. I did have the cylinder off so I know it wasn't flooded when I got it.

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
We figured not to post too much while you were gone so that you wouldn't have to read a lot to catch up.

Hope you had a good family outing.

Good you figured out I don't read too good. It was nice. Kiddos stayed with my family and my wife and I went for a short weekend alone.

RoverRebellion

RoverRebellion

ArboristSite Member
Hello again everyone! Just finished a mechanicals rebuild to get my Remington LogMaster running. Needless to say after some fragile soldering on the coil and some fresh Tilly rebuild kits she runs and starts great! Please click on link for video of the first run! Please know the tuning wasn't perfect quite yet! Hope everyone is well.

Latest posts