Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
i think il investigate it more this weekend

My Stihl dealer also taught me that you can do a “leak test” on the cylinder and such utilizing a gas mix. Block the intake and exhaust ports on the cylinder and fill it with a gas mix as much as you can. Leave it overnight or whatever on something that’ll show fluid. And check all the seals to see if there’s any leaks.

I don’t have a pressure tester so that’s how I did mine. Still had it check by someone else and results were the same.

Mac&Homelite

Mac&Homelite

Addicted to ArboristSite
My Stihl dealer also taught me that you can do a “leak test” on the cylinder and such utilizing a gas mix. Block the intake and exhaust ports on the cylinder and fill it with a gas mix as much as you can. Leave it overnight or whatever on something that’ll show fluid. And check all the seals to see if there’s any leaks.

I don’t have a pressure tester so that’s how I did mine. Still had it check by someone else and results were the same.
That's something new to me. I still like my mityvac though. Figured if I was going to continue working saws and other engines it would pay for itself. So far I haven't found anything major with it, but it's a nice piece of mind for me. Sure was a better $60 spent over the $20 imported compression tester that won't give accurate readings on saws!

s sidewall

s sidewall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Wished I had brain farts, better than losing some of your memory at times. I do things a certain way so I don't forget, the same way I put things in the house. Me having had brain swelling and blood on the brain caused my problem, bad crash a few years back.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts