Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys i went to start the cs302 today and the carb went out of ajustment from last night what would of caused this ?

What makes you think your carb went out of adjustment? Are you screws loose? Lol (i mean needle adjusters)
was idling like it was at half throttle but when i shut it off and turned the h and l screws the whole way in and turned them 2 turns out it was fine

i think il investigate it more this weekend

My Stihl dealer also taught me that you can do a “leak test” on the cylinder and such utilizing a gas mix. Block the intake and exhaust ports on the cylinder and fill it with a gas mix as much as you can. Leave it overnight or whatever on something that’ll show fluid. And check all the seals to see if there’s any leaks.

I don’t have a pressure tester so that’s how I did mine. Still had it check by someone else and results were the same.

Well at least you don't get brain freezes all the time and can't remember what you were doing, what's worst, I forget names at times.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Oh those....I call them "brain farts" lol

My Stihl dealer also taught me that you can do a “leak test” on the cylinder and such utilizing a gas mix. Block the intake and exhaust ports on the cylinder and fill it with a gas mix as much as you can. Leave it overnight or whatever on something that’ll show fluid. And check all the seals to see if there’s any leaks.

I don’t have a pressure tester so that’s how I did mine. Still had it check by someone else and results were the same.
That's something new to me. I still like my mityvac though. Figured if I was going to continue working saws and other engines it would pay for itself. So far I haven't found anything major with it, but it's a nice piece of mind for me. Sure was a better $60 spent over the $20 imported compression tester that won't give accurate readings on saws!

Wished I had brain farts, better than losing some of your memory at times. I do things a certain way so I don't forget, the same way I put things in the house. Me having had brain swelling and blood on the brain caused my problem, bad crash a few years back.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back