Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was thinking but spent 2 weeks in Arizona with my wife (Best trip ever) so going to see at the minute
It's at or close to max 4 untested saw ... Looking at a 4.3 EVL under a craftsman brand.
Not that I need anything lol but 4 the right price
still looking for Poulan Pro 525 to finish the series
Daaaang that guy wants a lot for that Craftsman.

I'm gonna convert my Poulan 5200 av mounts to husky mounts but they are metric threaded, plus they are cheaper and available. Trying to find out the correct thread pattern and pitch before I attempt changing the threads in the handle. I want to be 100% certain also before ordering 6 mounts. If the thread size is smaller than the original Poulan standard thread size then I will look at a different husky mount.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna convert my Poulan 5200 av mounts to husky mounts but they are metric threaded, plus they are cheaper and available. Trying to find out the correct thread pattern and pitch before I attempt changing the threads in the handle. I want to be 100% certain also before ordering 6 mounts. If the thread size is smaller than the original Poulan standard thread size then I will look at a different husky mount.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

I thought your earlier post was concerning chain pitch.

More suitable air filter on the 702. Something the saw can lean on a bit more.

Yes I was too excited to try it and didn't trim the new pull cord :)

Anyone messed with porting these laydown motors?

Attachments

• IMG_1978.JPG
    IMG_1978.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1979.JPG
    IMG_1979.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
More suitable air filter on the 702. Something the saw can lean on a bit more.

Yes I was too excited to try it and didn't trim the new pull cord :)

Anyone messed with porting these laydown motors?
That’s looks awesome! As for porting I think a few people have done it, they are a little different because most of those older saws had open finger ports and were really unrestricted, you might can gain some RPM but the torque is already there. But you also have to watch out because those old saws just weren’t designed to run high rpm.

Porting! I barely find enough time to get my saws running correctly let alone worrying about better performance. As for the older saws, there is not usually much to gain without stretching the limits of the components. If you want to screw around with performance on a saw, I would suggest one of the huztl or hl supply ms660 kits. I have a ms361 and I experimented porting it. Went pretty well and I don't feel bad if it blows up or something. Parts are cheap and the saws themselves are easy to work on as it is the pro class series.

Latest posts

Back