Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeebus! Hope no one was hurt. Could've spread really fast

The building involved was three door south of mine, the wind was pretty strong from the west today so the danger to me was minimal. None the less, I thought I should be prepared just in case. It was quite a lesson to me, even though there were rarely flames visible it still took 4 hours or so to get it put out.

20201016_173736.jpg

Well when you have to take over the next door building to expand the museum and shop, put in a fire suppression system ! Just would have to make sure it wouldn't get set off with some good ol' Mac 2smoke haha

Definitely basically irreplaceable stuff, but then again all stuff is just that, life is first

I think it was Reggie Jackson who lost a huge classic car collection in a fire. Kind of nerve wracking if you have a building full of irreplaceable things .
That's my worst fear about having a shed with all my cool stuff in it. Nobody could ever steal all my saws, parts, and tools, unless I was on vacation in another continent, because I have waaaaaaaaay too much stuff. ;)

That's my worst fear about having a shed with all my cool stuff in it. Nobody could ever steal all my saws, parts, and tools, unless I was on vacation in another continent, because I have waaaaaaaaay too much stuff. ;)
I put huge snakes in my shed , they keep the rats from chewing stuff and they bother other people but not me.

I went a bit overboard this week. On Monday I went to see Struggle and came home with a truckload of parts saws and a few completes including this late model McCulloch 7-10 and Remington Super 75.

20201026_184746.jpg

20201026_184648.jpg

20201026_191016.jpg

Also on Monday a friend sent a link to an auction so on Tuesday I took a look and made a few bids not realizing the auction ended on Wednesday with pick up Thursday only in Indianapolis...

It worked out anyway.

20201029_194609.jpg

Sally saw. Mall 12A, McCulloch 7-55, Disston Mercury DA 211, Mall 3E (electric), Strunk G2E (electric, Corps of Engineers tag), Poulan 54 (has been approved by Modified Mark), Mall 5 HP pneumatic with scratcher chain, Sears David Bradley (electric), Electr O Saw (electric),

Mark

Taking advantage of the nice weather, I started moving my machines over to the new shop last week. My grandson was a little help...

20201103_141902.jpg

20201103_142224.jpg

20201103_172151.jpg

20201103_172205.jpg

I broke a fitting on the surface grinder in the move and had to lift the grinder off the base to get at it under the unit. I was able to use the "truck crane" I got from Rockcrusher402 when I picked up the large sign from him a couple of years ago.

20201109_125736.jpg

I also upgraded some of the wiring on the surface grinder and connected it to the inverter I had purchased for it a while back. The surface grinder has a three phase motor and I only have single phase power in my shop so the inverter works to provide the three phase output from singe phase input. Now all three machines (lathe, mill/drill, and surface grinder) are equipped with three phase motor and inverters. The grinder will always run at 60 Hz but I like the convenience of being able to adjust the speed on the lathe and mill/drill and reversing the drill is quite nice as well.

20201109_155210.jpg

20190422_102448.jpg

Mark

Back