waste of a good chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's been trying to sell that for a while. I had half a mind to go look at it but then I came to my senses.

I remember when we built our own go carts as kids the major limitation was finding horizontal shaft engines. Maybe that guy found a way. It sure looks goofy, too.

He's been trying to sell that for a while. I had half a mind to go look at it but then I came to my senses.

well, at least he got his stack of wood cut first before cannibalizing his saw for recreation use!.................:D..............must be a multipurpose use saw

I think its a waste, but whatever floats his boat. I know he isnt the first to put a saw on a go cart and he surely wont be the last.

When i was a kid in the 60's we all made/built/bought go karts. None were fancy and all were sort of cobbled together with whatever we could scrounge. Mine was made of the parts from my old soap box derby car with a Briggs 2.5 HP horizontal shaft moter off of an old reel-type lawnmower that a friend of my father gave me (greatesr present I have ever received in my life). The neighborhood rich kid showed up with a real honest-to-God ready made welded frame kart with a Clinton (I remember it as being refered to as a 5 HP) 2 stroke motor. That thing was scary-fast. Sometimes I wonder how it is that we are still alive.

About the only thing huskies are good for is billy karts

But it runs McBoob... How about your dream sickle colored saw copies? What are they good for besides posing? I would love to see your chicom saws operating.

I think its a waste, but whatever floats his boat. I know he isnt the first to put a saw on a go cart and he surely wont be the last.

Couldn't agree more but, it just goes to show what a little thought useing whatever is available can acheive.
Good job, my kids would play on that all day and me too

Last edited:
Needs porting and a pipe :msp_thumbsup:

In any case, would be faster than mcbobs walker, and his Great Wall (of crap) ute :laugh:

I was told he has vacated to qld for a week, you may have to wait for the responce.

I hear Great Walls go good up in qld......

Back in early 1961 a friend put a old two man MAC on his Dart Cart but it was much slower than my other friend's Go Kart with a MAC MC10. The MC10 was geared 80:1. Seems like the old two man MAC was at 72:1?

The old saw may have been geared too low?

Latest posts

Back