We Have A Little Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't really been following this thread then when I take a peek and DexterDay is right in the thick of it. Now I'm chuckling since I'm the guy that bought the Husky 350 with the garbled spark plug repair. Dexter honestly wasn't aware of the problem and instantly offered a full refund. It was my preference to wait things out and see if we could find a cheap fix (thanks Mike from Maine). Dexter is really a stand up guy, don't hesitate to do business with him.

Dexter just consider these events as getting your dues paid in the brotherhood of chainsaw crazies. It's also proof that buying a saw off the AS Trading Post is much better than evilbay.

The "Super" carries the same cylinder as the 036. The 036 and 036 Pro are all 62cc (I was wrong above and typed 63cc). The standard 034 is 59cc...

Carry on...

Not exactly. A 034S and an 036/360 cylinders are not the same. An 036 will not fit a 034 chassis without some fin work. Displacement and power are the same. I think their may be a difference in manufacturers as well. There is a thread here that shows the difference bw the two side by side.

Looks like that cylinder was barely ported at all. I've just given up on porting. All you need to do is remove the cylinder completely and use a piece of wire to hold the spark plug above the piston. Then it's open air all around the piston so the intake and exhaust "ports" are unlimited.

I dont have near the experience of you, nor would I ever claim to know more.

But the 026/260 (44 & 44.7 mm) and the 034Super/036/036Pro/360 Pro (48mm) I have done quite a few of.

I would love to read the thread though. Always want to learn more and understand models better. I still think the 044/440 is the most confusing saw ever. I just bought one and I am afraid to buy anything for it. To many variations. ... :msp_mad:

A young Marine pulls two wounded fellow Marines out of harms way and goes back through fire to bring out another. The imbeded foreign film crew yelled to him that he was carrying a wounded enemy soldier, not another Marine. He flipped them a finger, and said "I'm an American, this is what we do." I love every last one of them.

I got to wear that uniform for 4 years (in peace time) and it will always be a part of me. Reading this reminds me why it felt so good to be a Marine. May I be that courageous when the opportunity presents it's self.

People like Randy and many others on this site give people like me a shirt tail to cling to. I'm young and wet behind the ears still and as I've always strived to find my own way I've never passed up good advice or a positive influence. I'd like to thank all of you well aged folks out there that give "kids" like myself something to aspire to be.
:hmm3grin2orange:

For us lucky ones (like you) there were several old farts in our path that did the same and kept nudging us in the direction where we become part of the solution. You have a great attitude.

why do dogs like to stick their heads out the windows when we take em for a ride in the truck ??

I figured this out years ago.

Ya see, a dog has a clear passage from his nose, thru his nasal cavity, and then a direct dump right out the ears. Once your hoopty gets up to the correct speed, the dog experiences something like a Caledescopic effect, that is similar to what the generation before mine used to experience on LSD. Since it's still legal the dogs ain't gonna stop for nuthin. Round here we call em "Nasal Buzz Bombers".

Hope that helps. :hmm3grin2orange:

randy,
been following this since the start, as others have allready said, big "attaboy" to you for steping in and doing something you would never have been responsible for taking care of...
i have but one question that has been bothering me though..................... why do dogs like to stick their heads out the windows when we take em for a ride in the truck ??

The dude just above has an answer for ya......and got some rep from me too. :rock:

For us lucky ones (like you) there were several old farts in our path that did the same and kept nudging us in the direction where we become part of the solution. You have a great attitude.

I figured this out years ago.

Ya see, a dog has a clear passage from his nose, thru his nasal cavity, and then a direct dump right out the ears. Once your hoopty gets up to the correct speed, the dog experiences something like a Caledescopic effect, that is similar to what the generation before mine used to experience on LSD. Since it's still legal the dogs ain't gonna stop for nuthin. Round here we call em "Nasal Buzz Bombers".

Hope that helps. :hmm3grin2orange:

I figured out my attitude and my actions are all I have control over.

Now this dog if the way you explained it isn't true, it should be. I always wondered why my Schnauzer always tried eating the mirror. Little did I realize he was hallucinating.

I almost forgot (again). Randy your the man, well done.

I always wondered why my Schnauzer always tried eating the mirror. Little did I realize he was hallucinating.

Why should he have to endure reality when hallucinations are free?

"AHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG,

don't slow down,

faster faster faster faster fasterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh that's some good stuff"

I keep this up I'll be scraping breakfast off my monitor. :taped:

The "Super" carries the same cylinder as the 036. The 036 and 036 Pro are all 62cc (I was wrong above and typed 63cc). The standard 034 is 59cc...

Carry on...

To make a long story short I repaired one for a friend then let him run my Huskies, looks like I will be getting the super back. If Randy was looking for 1 I would send it to him when the 390 goes. CJ

I haven't really been following this thread then when I take a peek and DexterDay is right in the thick of it. Now I'm chuckling since I'm the guy that bought the Husky 350 with the garbled spark plug repair. Dexter honestly wasn't aware of the problem and instantly offered a full refund. It was my preference to wait things out and see if we could find a cheap fix (thanks Mike from Maine). Dexter is really a stand up guy, don't hesitate to do business with him.

Dexter just consider these events as getting your dues paid in the brotherhood of chainsaw crazies. It's also proof that buying a saw off the AS Trading Post is much better than evilbay.

I too have dealt with Dexterday and do not have any thing negative to say about the man.

Sadly for Dex......there's a 395XP here that looks about as bad as the 5100. :msp_unsure:

Tyrel strikes again.

TK has made a great deal for me on the parts to fix this one.......

Thanks Tom. You are the man. :msp_thumbup:

I appreciate all of your posts and your kind words. But my last post said it. The worst is yet to come. I bought 2 saws from him. A 5100 and 395xp. If it wasn't so late, I would text the other owner. The other saw wasn't ported, but that does not mean that the idiot didn't do some stupid **** to it.

Sad part, Randy has this one too.

Randy. PM me and I will make it right with you. I can not and will not take this.
Yea, I traded Dex my 372 for that 395 and sent it to MM for some port work, and I've talked with Dex and he is making good on his end, nice dealing with a gentleman. I have also talked with Randy and what a stand up guy, once I get my 372 back he will be getting my 550 and Dex will have a beast to play with and all will work out in the end.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back