We Have A Little Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other sites I've been on have a minimum number of posts before you can list something in the classifieds.Although it wouldn't have helped in this case but it could keep out some of the other suspect offerings the last couple of months.

Other sites I've been on have a minimum number of posts before you can list something in the classifieds.Although it wouldn't have helped in this case but it could keep out some of the other suspect offerings the last couple of months.

The yellow in you sig really reads well.

The yellow in you sig really reads well.

Shows up good on my Monitor.I think you can use different backgrounds with this forum,might not show up to well with the one you're using. I'll take take it down when the piece finally gets here.....from Italy......might be a while.

Shows up good on my Monitor.I think you can use different backgrounds with this forum,might not show up to well with the one you're using. I'll take take it down when the piece finally gets here.....from Italy......might be a while.

FWIW, if you're looking for something it should be easy for everyone else to read, you already know what it says.

Kinda like when they changed the text on the forum to green, it was a neat idea, but nearly impossible to read.

:cheers:

I used the yellow because Alpinas are yellow,ok,ok it was a bad idea.I figuered if my four eyed bifocaled self could read it it was good.

Here's what you fellers are seeing and thinking it's a ring support.....

He ground upward on the ends of the intake for some reason.......and cut thru on the outside. Hence the blue goop.

Here's the exhaust......still looks the same to me.

He did butcher the lower transfers though.
Man, my first attempt at porting on a mini Mac with out a flex shaft looks better than that.:msp_scared:

Yeah but your on a different continent bro........ Stateside- the newest generation is worthless.:rock:

Be careful calling this generation worthless. There are a bunch of them that cleared Fallujah house by house. It takes a special kid to volunteer during wartime to go to a foreign land and kick in doors and go toe to toe with an enemy thats been fighting since they were 10 years old. Don't ever forget for one minute that there are kids that layed around with hair to their waist and gauges in their ears, that answered the call and steped forward and answered the call.
There's a famous incident talked about by Oliver North. Look up his video about todays youth. A young Marine pulls two wounded fellow Marines out of harms way and goes back through fire to bring out another. The imbeded foreign film crew yelled to him that he was carrying a wounded enemy soldier, not another Marine. He flipped them a finger, and said "I'm an American, this is what we do."

I love every last one of them.

I've not done much posting or reading the past couple of days because I've been working on saws, deer stands and fishing. But reading this thread I wasn't surprised to see Randy step in and resolve the issue. I respect Randy I annoy him I'm sure with my emails and phone calls but he's always helped me with no motive or questions asked. I'm thankful to have people like him to consider my friend. I'm from this younger generation that many don't think to highly of. I agree as a whole my generation relies upon books and paperwork written by earlier generations to base opinions of presented issues or future discoveries rather than real world research. Intelligence isn't delivered with a diploma or a degree it comes from experience and willingness to work. I grew up going against the grain always looking for the smoother finish. People like Randy and many others on this site give people like me a shirt tail to cling to. I'm young and wet behind the ears still and as I've always strived to find my own way I've never passed up good advice or a positive influence. I'd like to thank all of you well aged folks out there that give "kids" like myself something to aspire to be.

You all joke about your age but for what you lack in physical ability you can rest assured my generation took your blue prints for a nice walker :hmm3grin2orange:

I've been asked what I was giving Blazin' a hard time.......hear me when I say it was all in jest. Blazin' is a dear friend of mine.

Yeah Bill, all the youngins ain't a bad lot.........you get to see the best of em I reckon.

Be careful calling this generation worthless. There are a bunch of them that cleared Fallujah house by house. It takes a special kid to volunteer during wartime to go to a foreign land and kick in doors and go toe to toe with an enemy thats been fighting since they were 10 years old. Don't ever forget for one minute that there are kids that layed around with hair to their waist and gauges in their ears, that answered the call and steped forward and answered the call.
There's a famous incident talked about by Oliver North. Look up his video about todays youth. A young Marine pulls two wounded fellow Marines out of harms way and goes back through fire to bring out another. The imbeded foreign film crew yelled to him that he was carrying a wounded enemy soldier, not another Marine. He flipped them a finger, and said "I'm an American, this is what we do."

I love every last one of them.

I hear you Bill. Having been in a foreign country at a young age all I can say is 'Amen!' . For those of you that haven't seen it check out the link about the Congressional Medal of Honor Society. Most of those guys performed when they were young, even the recently awarded ones.
CMOHS.org - Official Website of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society

Shea

PS-Randy, you are an honorable man to fix this as you had no liability at stake.

I am a young'n (32) also and I should have heeded Randys advice when he saw the blue goo in the For Sale ad. I had hoped that the idiot wanted to see what professional work looked like and just did a shoddy job with some blue goo re-sealing it....

Regardless of the it being Randys sticker, after I received it from Tgerloff, I sold it to Jack. I would like to at least send you something. I have an 036 Pro that is awaiting a carb kit via FeeBay. I will gladly donate this saw so Randy can raffle it off here, so his time is compensated? Or cash. I know you stand behind your work, but it was I who should have stopped the domino effect. So I still feel I need to make it right with you.

To all that want to know.... I traded an 036 with numerous new parts (I was gonna make a hybrid 360 Pro out of it). When Tgerloff started PM'ing me. Well over $100 in just parts, that I gave with the saw... :cry: Didn't seem like a great trade, but I always have a couple 036's. So I figured what the h#ll.

Some people are worthless and want to hide behind a computer. .. What he did and what (forgot his name? PennState? Or SteelerCity?) did is inexcusable. I've never been one to hide or beat around the bush. Always tried to do right by any mistake...

What say you Randy? Accept as a gift and make someone here a happy 036 owner .

BTW- Moody, that post was Well Said my friend :clap:

I am a young'n (32) also and I should have heeded Randys advice when he saw the blue goo in the For Sale ad. I had hoped that the idiot wanted to see what professional work looked like and just did a shoddy job with some blue goo re-sealing it....

Regardless of the it being Randys sticker, after I received it from Tgerloff, I sold it to Jack. I would like to at least send you something. I have an 036 Pro that is awaiting a carb kit via FeeBay. I will gladly donate this saw so Randy can raffle it off here, so his time is compensated? Or cash. I know you stand behind your work, but it was I who should have stopped the domino effect. So I still feel I need to make it right with you.

To all that want to know.... I traded an 036 with numerous new parts (I was gonna make a hybrid 360 Pro out of it). When Tgerloff started PM'ing me. Well over $100 in just parts, that I gave with the saw... :cry: Didn't seem like a great trade, but I always have a couple 036's. So I figured what the h#ll.

Some people are worthless and want to hide behind a computer. .. What he did and what (forgot his name? PennState? Or SteelerCity?) did is inexcusable. I've never been one to hide or beat around the bush. Always tried to do right by any mistake...

What say you Randy? Accept as a gift and make someone here a happy 036 owner .

BTW- Moody, that post was Well Said my friend :clap:

You're making this tough for me.......I sold a 036 Pro a few years ago. I've always missed that damn saw.

Welcome to AS ! There are a lot of decent, knowledgeable people on here that will answer your questions and ease your confusion. The only downside is that at some point you will probably develop CAD. The good news is that these same decent, knowledgeable folks will assist you with that affliction as well. Their motto is - more is always better.

Hi mainewoods. Thanks for the welcome.I know that there is a lot of decent people on here. Don't know if i'll get CAD anytime soon. Thought i might. I'm just a 52 year young lad that has a couple of stihl saws and cuts firewood to heat with. I think i got this right though. Tgerloff 92 was trying to learn how to work on saws and had a few mishaps and instead of making things right (or eating costs or take it as a learning experience) he get them running the best he could and sale them to (This is where this get good) people that probably were trying to help him learn. Purty low in my book. I think that what the more older or more intelligent folks on here are trying to get across to the young guys is that your representation is sometimes earned by the actions you take.

You're making this tough for me.......I sold a 036 Pro a few years ago. I've always missed that damn saw.

My favorite to run too :rock:

Think of it as a favor. One day, when I quit buying saws... I will have them ported. Till then, let me do this.... You can keep it, port it, or sell it. Pretty dam clean too

It's yours for your time. Time is money and when your working on that Dolmar, that isnt making you a dime.

Its the PHO one sittin on top of the other saws. I runs now, but it floods bad and spits a bunch of fuel out. Carb kit is in route.

Back