Welding Blankets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To protect the mantle above stove I used Aluminum sheet. I spaced it off the wood using ceramic fence post insulators. Cool air can circulate in from the sides, mantle barely gets warm.

A bigger sheet would work on your wall, maybe adding some fire board on the rear. Leave a space on the bottom too, for air circulation.

I'm not sure a blanket would meet fire code (from 2015) and have trouble getting insurancewoodstove.jpg1 fire code.png

I didn't bump it, but I sure will comment on it...

cope and seethe...

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

Maybe lean a couple pieces of cement board against the wall?
that's what we did growing up for our woodstove, to shield the water heater from the woodstove. Dad welded up a tin stand to hold the cement board. but being down in the basement didn't care about it being an eye soar.

Tile on 1/8" steel platform, air flows under then up behind tiled durock spaced 1"off wall, gap at ceiling. creates continuous air flow. Exterior wall behind remained below room temp.
wood Stove.JPG
Dog tested dog approved. Stove was primary heat source in house. Changed insurance companies, inspector looked at it, then at me with question marks in his eyes, he said you actually read and followed code?? Apparently that's rare. Removed in the big remodel. Vermont Stove now in basement. Bought used, I've run it 25 years with only minor repairs.

Back