Another tool to help with firewood. High Lift Jack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You fabricate this or is this off the shelf for sale somewhere?
I found it on the net when looking to build one for myself. Pictures, and fabrication was not mine. It was the best example of what I was looking for.

They are useful for getting something moved sideways. Jack high, and push the whole issue over sideways. Voila, you've just moved one end 6" to a foot over.

Don't try this at home.
Did that to lift my truck out of deep frozen ruts once, was not at home, was deep in the wilderness.

Do you have plans to build it? I now have the metal and will fab it next spring. Not sure of the best lengths and angles yet.
I did have plans to make one but I haven't started building it.

I only went as far as getting a picture of something that made the to be built list that I have here....lol

I did have plans to make one but I haven't started building it.

I only went as far as getting a picture of something that made the to be built list that I have here....lol

There is probably not a one size fit all, and is likely a "depends" on the size of the log thing. Still I'm anxious to get started, but it is to damn cold out and likely to stay such til March 2024. I even bought a welding table with this project in mind. Oh, Well. :(

As far as angles I was thinking around 25° and the square tubing about 18" long.

But the actual angle would be determined when I get about a 12" spread on the bottom.

For the bottom hooks I was going to use a piece of ½"x2" flat bar. I was thinking it should probably stick out 4-6"s, I'm kinda leaning to the 6" forks.
I was going to cut ½" off the flatbar length wise to cut out the hooks all from the one piece of steel.

For the bottom hooks I was going to use a piece of ½"x2" flat bar. I was thinking it should probably stick out 4-6"s, I'm kinda leaning to the 6" forks.
I was going to cut ½" off the flatbar length wise to cut out the hooks all from the one piece of steel.

I was looking at my metal and thinking Not Good Enough. I'm going to start pricing some heavy gauge square tubing so I can build this right.

I first saw this type of device in the “milling and sawmills” forum on this site. It was by “BobL.” Find a post by BobL and there is probably a link in his signature line to it.
“Chainsaw milling 101” used to be a sticky at the top (but doesn’t seem to be anymore). BobL started it and was a major contributor. A teacher and a gentleman.

Back