what do you guys think about this 7900?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id stay away from that saw its really ,really rough. cases are bad side cover is torched ,id say its been treated very bad.

Front handle has been "customized" where it attaches to the tank at the bottom. Price seems a tad high to me, but the important parts seem to be all there.

TT Beat me to it...

[QUOTE id stay away from that saw its really ,really rough. cases are bad side cover is torched ,id say its been treated very bad.QUOTE]
I agree, if I found this saw on C.L. or a P.S. I would offer $20 for the bar and chain and have them throw in the saw for free.

Now there is the difference between night and day. Nice clean saw about 55% of new price, good ole 460 holds resale value plus great saw for any wood. Might be able to find one for cheaper but not by much.

i sold one in that shape last week for 455 on ebay but thats much better than the 7900

What kind of saw you looking for Jmaffei? I might know where some used ones are about 90 miles from you depending on what you want.

If the guy is a dolmar dealer, why didn't he fix it right instead of putting it up for sale in that mess?

Too many dollars, even if it was nice.

If the guy is a dolmar dealer, why didn't he fix it right instead of putting it up for sale in that mess?

Too many dollars, even if it was nice.

I really don't see him being a Dolmar dealer unless you need know nothing to be one.With a 28" bar and an 8 pin sprocket that would make it slower:confused:

Back