what grinds your gears guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever notice how a "brodozer" with a bed stack always has the tow mirrors extended like they are pulling an invisible 5th wheel?
Careful now! My trucks may have a trailer on or off several times a week. Towing mirrors stay out. To big a PITA to reaim them every time they get folded in or out. Just sayin.

Tailgaters! If you're going to ride my bumper, your radiator better be able to handle a ball hitch going through it. I won't get sh!tty with you when I'm driving the wife's car, but in my truck? The person that hits a vehicle from behind is at fault. And me hitting my brakes for no good reason? After one or two warnings an "invisible dog" runs out in front of me.

"Honest, officer. Thats what happened. The guy behind me would have seen that dog if he hadn't been so close."

Sold a guy a nice Stihl 044. He had it a month and a half, called me and said it won't start. Found out he didn't have enough lead in his pencil to pull it lol.

Tailgaters! If you're going to ride my bumper, your radiator better be able to handle a ball hitch going through it. I won't get sh!tty with you when I'm driving the wife's car, but in my truck? The person that hits a vehicle from behind is at fault. And me hitting my brakes for no good reason? After one or two warnings an "invisible dog" runs out in front of me.

"Honest, officer. Thats what happened. The guy behind me would have seen that dog if he hadn't been so close."

Careful with the hit from behind theory. Quite a few caveats. One of the odder in my state is pull out onto a multi-lane highway and the people in any lane have three hundred yards to pull over, hit you in the rear, and it is your fault! Make an emergency stop in front of someone for the mythical dog or a real kitten? Cost me ten thousand dollars surcharge on my business insurance in three years back in the eighties. The person behind me was hundreds of yards back, coming home from an LSU game the night before. Local cop knew him and not me. Illegal lane usage, my fault. Any accident, the cops can pretty much decide who they want in the right and who they want in the wrong. Kinda like the fender bender at the redlight. Irish cop, "Now Father Murphy, how fast would you say the good pastor was going when he backed into you?"

Speaking of the original title of the thread, gets my goat: Last I knew Louisiana has a three strikes rule to put a fifty percent surcharge on your insurance, including my small business insurance. Seems reasonable. HOWEVER, every ticket someone gets in a vehicle I own counts toward both the driver and the owner! With six trucks on the road it is very easy to get three tickets in three years, especially when half those vehicles are emergency wreckers. Thirty-five minutes across town in very light traffic, twenty minutes maximum response time for city police calls regardless of traffic! Always appreciated a state trooper by my house that ignored seventy miles an hour headed to town at 2AM in the wrecker, he knew I'd be running double nickel on the way home.

Hu

Sorry to hear about your luck friend. there is some people out there that just don't understand what you say to them save their life.

what grinds my gears is when you help someone out of a tight spot. then he turns around and comes back to your house and steals something that worked hard for just so he can trade it for drugs.

We have a name for people like the goof in the OP: SNOPE; it stands for "Should Not Own Power Equipment. And it rhymes with Dope for a reason. :crazy2:

What I hate is when people say " Diesel trucks are hurtin' the environment" or "Diesels are so wasteful and dirty". Yeah they appear to look bad and all, but diesels emit lower amounts of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide then does gasoline. The situations they judge that on are when you see someone with their pump turned all the way up with stacks and crap. Plus diesel engines last longer, provide more torque for a given displacement, and give better gas mileage. But yet people who complain have eaten food, use tools, printed paper, and turn on their television; everything that's been hauled by a tractor trailer. No one's gonna pry my IDI's off my hands haha

Dodge Cummins owners. Got an exhaust and your tow mirrors stuck out? Drive overly aggressively and roll coal constantly? What the hell. Kill yourself.

:laugh:..spot on mang..all the dildos that live around me that do that **** got picked on as kids or still had to go to the meat store when they got older because the girls ignored them..what a waste :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your luck friend. there is some people out there that just don't understand what you say to them save their life.

what grinds my gears is when you help someone out of a tight spot. then he turns around and comes back to your house and steals something that worked hard for just so he can trade it for drugs.

I had one of them once..it killed me inside..helped a childhood friend that just got out of the bang..screwed my fam for a good bit of money

What I hate is when people say " Diesel trucks are hurtin' the environment" or "Diesels are so wasteful and dirty". Yeah they appear to look bad and all, but diesels emit lower amounts of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide then does gasoline. The situations they judge that on are when you see someone with their pump turned all the way up with stacks and crap. Plus diesel engines last longer, provide more torque for a given displacement, and give better gas mileage. But yet people who complain have eaten food, use tools, printed paper, and turn on their television; everything that's been hauled by a tractor trailer. No one's gonna pry my IDI's off my hands haha

Diesels are huge in Europe pretty much every auto maker makes a diesel engine for any particular model. They still have not embraced the pick up but that is no surprise.

What's with all the hate to the diesel owners? I don't like to bury the interstate in smoke all the time but a nicely modded 600hp daily driver that gets 22 mpg is awesome.

I think the hate is because you are paying less at the pumps. Much like how the husky guys are when they see a stihl chainsaw :D

. . . . Just go out and watch people. Most of them have no clue that other people are actually sharing the earth with them. . . . .
Isn't that the truth. For a great illustration, stop by a Walmart Super Center on any weekend. Small family reunions gathered in the center of the aisle, usually with a few of those "wide load" scooters, blocking traffic from both directions and utterly oblivious to the dozen carts they have marooned.

Isn't that the truth. For a great illustration, stop by a Walmart Super Center on any weekend. Small family reunions gathered in the center of the aisle, usually with a few of those "wide load" scooters, blocking traffic from both directions and utterly oblivious to the dozen carts they have marooned.
Bwahahaha " wide load scooters"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatties using handicapped spaces ---WalMart epidemic.

This is a big assumption on my part, so maybe just call it an observation with some guesses. When I went in to apply for my traditional social security last year, I would guess 1/3rd of the people in there were trying for obesity related disability, the corn fructose syrup in every bite of food crowd. Most of them not old either, just barely able to walk. Another 1/3rd roughly were apparently nothing wrong with them folks with english as a second language, all with numerous kids. The remaining third were geezers.

Back