What Happens When A Stihlhead Runs A Hot Rod Husqvarna???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's something about them huskies. They made me sell all of my stihls and just want huskies.

wtf?

No one in their right mind would even consider a trade like that.
I wouldn't trade a broken Stihl for any 2 running husky's
I can't fathom what kind of models and experiences you've had with Husky's to be that outspoken.This isn't one of those,"the chain keeps flying off the bar assessments is it?.:msp_wink:

Last edited:
I can't fathom what kind of models and experiences you've had with Husky's to be that outspoken.This isn't one of those,"the chain keeps flying off the bar assessments is it?.:msp_wink:

No never had a chain come off. :smile2:
One of the guy's that I cut wood with has a couple of husky's, when we go to cut wood together we start out fine, before the day is over we finish up the work day with my Stihl's.
His husky's always seem to break down, or won't start at all.

They may be a great saw, problem is I've never seen a good one.

that's unfortunate

One of the guy's that I cut wood with has a couple of husky's, when we go to cut wood together we start out fine, before the day is over we finish up the work day with my Stihl's.

I have no favorite saw.I've worked in the landclearing business since 1975.Prior to using fellerbunchers(1981),everything was cut with saws.ACRES.Saw in hand ,one tree to the next as fast as possible.I've owned in excess of 100 saws.Saws were critically important for felling valuable logs and constant cutting at the chipper on the landing. Having made a living in the whole tree chipping business since 1975,There has been untold saw useage.Productivity/dependability are huge when your income is dependent on the tools used.My go to saws were Husqvarnas since 1975 when I bought my first 380CD.I've owned a mountain of Stihl saws from the days of 031,041,045etc.,etc.I know a lot of serious competitors who ran Stihl's with great success.I'd say that maintenance and more importantly the art of sharpening a saw is more important than saw brand.The top manufacturers have produced impressive saws that, with a rare exception, are examples of fine engineering.I've got to say that in the 40 years of doing this ,I've seen about 20 men that really knew how to sharpen chain well.

Last edited:

I've never had a problem keeping them running, maybe you should look at your dumb friend instead of the saw.

I've never had a problem keeping them running, maybe you should look at your dumb friend instead of the saw.

vw-oh-snap-o.gif

I know what your saying man this Husky is a POS. I cant keep it from completly destroying every tree that gets in its way.When it gets hot it wont start, oh wait a min yes it does cause I didnt choke it hot lol:yoyo: your statements are a joke. Its ok I didnt want to believe that a Husky could be this badass but its true. The AV, air filtration, oiler, overall feel is better then any Stihl Ive ran I hate to say it but its true.

I know what your saying man this Husky is a POS. I cant keep it from completly destroying every tree that gets in its way.When it gets hot it wont start, oh wait a min yes it does cause I didnt choke it hot lol:yoyo: your statements are a joke. Its ok I didnt want to believe that a Husky could be this badass but its true. The AV, air filtration, oiler, overall feel is better then any Stihl Ive ran I hate to say it but its true.

This has been a typical trend over the last few years, lots of Stihlheads have seen the light.

This has been a typical trend over the last few years, lots of Stihlheads have seen the light.

What gets me is not many convert the other way :hmm3grin2orange:

Meaning switch to stihl lol, I tried one is parts the other is ok but both have them moronic fuel caps and that is aggravating :monkey:

Husky = porshe
stihl = rubix cube :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

I hear this all the time, and the said Husky is usually a 235 or a 455 that looks like it was dragged behind a truck before the person decided to cut the roots on stump in the front yard.

Never met anyone that said "Ya this 372, 346, 390 ect. is a pos".

But stick with what works for you. After all thats all that matters, what YOUR comfortable with.
I'd still be running my XL2 and 3400 if it wasen't for this site. :cheers:

I hear this all the time, and the said Husky is usually a 235 or a 455 that looks like it was dragged behind a truck before the person decided to cut the roots on stump in the front yard.

Never met anyone that said "Ya this 372, 346, 390 ect. is a pos".

But stick with what works for you. After all thats all that matters, what YOUR comfortable with.
I'd still be running my XL2 and 3400 if it wasen't for this site. :cheers:
Rep for you sir. This is very true.

I'm calling bull#### until I see both them Stihls for sell in the classifieds.:laugh: I tried a Husky...... I got rid of the Stihl.:rock:

I'm calling bull#### until I see both them Stihls for sell in the classifieds.:laugh: I tried a Husky...... I got rid of the Stihl.:rock:

One of your Huskys........errrr I mean J'reds are on my bench naked right now. :msp_biggrin:

Dont get me wrong Im not converting. Im keeping the 395 on the down low dont tell anyone;)

That's a crock of ####....... your 395 thread is 28 pages and growing.:laugh: Everybody knows you've switched brands. Acknowledgement, Acceptance, and then Enlightenment. Sounds like progress- not regress.:rock:

That's a crock of ####....... your 395 thread is 28 pages and growing.:laugh: Everybody knows you've switched brands. Acknowledgement, Acceptance, and then Enlightenment. Sounds like progress- not regress.:rock:

Yeah......I'll take his MS261. I have a Husky I'd trade.....

Back