What was your 1st ever chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first saw I ever used was a 250 super Mac.The first I ever bought was an 034 Stihl.I loved that saw but someone loved it more.It was stolen less than a year later.I loved that saw.When that one was stolen I replaced it with an 044.

must have been oak plywood or something like that.

a good replament for a 60cc saw is a 70cc saw, atleast i think so

i had a ruger super black hawk hunter with bisley grips stolen from me this last year, i have never been the same since

must have been oak plywood or something like that.

a good replament for a 60cc saw is a 70cc saw, atleast i think so

i had a ruger super black hawk hunter with bisley grips stolen from me this last year, i have never been the same since

Over the last 10 years I have had four saws,a FS250R trimmer,and a BR400 blower stolen.The saws were an 044,an MS440,an MS200t and a O66.Each time they broke into my truck to get them,except for the trimmer.If I were to have caught the person stealing my stuff then I would have probably been on the way to jail.I have no mercy for thieves.

Husqvarna 272XP, bought it new after graduating high school. I still have it and it is in pristine condition. I have stuck with Husky's ever since.

Forestry crew years ago had an old 051AV and a Homelite 410. Ran 'em both, didn't much like either. Cut out a lot of blowdowns with 'em, though, especially up in Kapowsin country winter '96 after the big ice storm. Don't know what ever happened to the boss or his saws.

Mine was a little Echo top handle. When I moved out, I bought a house with a lot of trees on it, so my dad had this old Echo laying around. I don't remember if it ran when I got it or not. I don't think it did. It had some SERIOUS filtration design issues. When you're running the saw, the sawdust packs up right into the air filter which is right next to the bar!

It had either a 10" or 12" bar on it. When my old man found a deal on a Poulan (not a wild thing, but close), I sold the top handle, and bought the Poulan from him. What a mistake. Even with the poor filtration, I always missed that little saw. I don't miss it anymore now that I have a MS200t, but it sure did a lot of work.

Anywho, the Poulan ended up being a POS. Gas and Oil caps swelled and wouldn't thread back in, so I called poulan, and they replaced them. About 1 year later, I sold it and bought my first Stihl (from my dad, once again). I still have that one, a 031AV. It has a farm boss bar on it, but I don't know if it's original. I think about selling that one from time to time cuz I don't use it anymore.

Otay, I'm done rambling. ;)

My first was my grandfathers craftsman micro. I was perfect when i got it, then I ruined it. Too young and not responsable enough. I used it alot before i destroyed it. wish i had it now.

Poulan 3400 here, too. It was very light and easy to handle. Now, nearly 30 years later, it has gotten a lot heavier. The 3400 may have been one of the best Poulans. Mine still starts and runs well. The gas-oil mix never gets drained between uses, and repairs have been rare and minor.

My first saw was my dad and grandpa's poulan 306A. I bought my 306A the same week from a old farmer for $40 and gave my dad his back which he still runs beside mine. This was 12 yrs ago and I have done nothing but 1 fuel filter and 1 sparkplug. The first one I ever ran was dads little poulan 1800 back when I was 11. (I thought I was a man :laugh:)

Mac PM610, $80.00 at a pawn shop. It was dead reliable and had good pulling power. I ran a 20" bar and 3/8 chain on it. That was 18yrs. ago. I recently rebuilt the carb and gave it to my brother for his birthday.

Homelite 550, wait I still have it, have some huskys, stihls, and a few others so I guess I didn't stick with it.

My first saw is this 254xp that I bought new 1998, $499 +tax. I've used it alot for firewood and as a part time arborist. It still runs great and has 150psi. compression.
I had run a Homelite Super XL for years that I inherited. I noticed that it took running the 254xp 4 hrs to feel as tired as I felt after 1hr on the Homelite Super XL.

attachment.php

First saw I bought was a 610 mac in about 1980. I only had 1/2 of the money so my dad gave me the other 1/2. He really didn't think I needed that much saw, but I did. I'll probably never cut as much wood with any other saw in my life, and it's been retired for a few years now.

First saw i bought was a poulan 361 for $15, followed by another one for $20 a week later. I love that model saw, my dad has one, his go to "big" saw. And just this may i bought a Husky 288xp off ebay for $325 my first pro saw which is one B.A.M.F. lol! I will never buy anything but a good old saw or a pro grade saw. My collection has started to swell lately with freebies, two homies, an xl12 and a ez automatic, Ive got CAD but am managing it well for now haha, dumpin money in my jeep instead lol.

First saw was a new Homelite SXL-AO given to me in the late 80's by my ex-wife as a Christmas present. It was before we had bought the property that we built our house on, so it just sat for a few years. But by the time we got that property, I was selling Sachs-Dolmar as a distributor rep. So, I used my Dolmar demos to clear the property. Then when we opened the store a couple years later, we took on Solo, so I did most of my cutting with those. The Homelite never really saw much use, and I sold it in 1997 for $200, along with most of my other saws cause I needed the cash. (divorce).

For the next few years I did just about all of my firewood cutting with a Solo 651pro. I still have it, it still runs great, and I still have a soft spot for that thing. Being in the business for close to 20 years, and then getting on this collection binge, I've usually had plenty of saws around. But during those few years that 651 was my go-to, trusted saw, and it never let me down. Then in 2001 we took on Husky and Jonsered, and like Bowtie says, I went nuts. LOL

One interesting thing, and I bet this applies to a lot of us, is that with all of the saws that I have now, I'll never run any single one of them half as much as I ran that 651.

Latest posts

Back