whats on your new OR used saw list for this NEW year?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a cheapy combo trimmer/pole saw, like to scrounge up a much better one. make/model unknown, just something closer to alleged pro class.

Then a small strtato saw. I had one, cheapy husky I got at the TSC blowout sale, but sold it to a friend who needed a saw like real soon and had none and money was tight for her so just gave it to her, said pay me whenever. it is half paid off now.... So I want to scrounge up another one. Again, make/model, doesn't matter a whole lot. Just a light weight lug it easy something.

I have lotsa projects kicking around to finish, but..had to readjust how I worked on and stored saws from getting robbed, so a shop thing closer to my house is much higher on the priority list now.

friend has mac super 250, waitin for wallet to recover from xmas... would like another 288, but don't need, was sold of financial needs last yr. and a wt, or some newer small brake equipped saw for wife & kids to play/learn with. sig needs updating, traded wt for Lombard cyclone right before xmas... am kinda partial to big ol' pioneers if another came this way... happy new year & g'luck to all...

I'd like a brand spankin' new ported 372xp, west coast edition please :)

Good, find two of em cause we both need a 120cc milling saw!

Yeah I'm looking. Not sure how easy a search will be for them. I don't want to pay a fortune like some people want for their 088/880s out there.

New 60cc saw, maybe Dolmar 6100 or Echo 620, I think the outboard clutch in my 2153 is one too many for my taste. 2188-ported, and an Arctic 461-ported. Oh and a mint Jonsereds 90 if I can find one. Ambitious considering I'm just as broke as everyone else...

Well.... I never get projects done for myself. If I should get time, I'm going to sell off a couple of my saws to get some M-Tronic stuff in the Saw Doc stable. 362 needs to go and replace with CM. Same for 441, 660. I'll wait on the CM before I ditch my 460 for a 461. Always on the lookout for a minty 361, MS 280 IEM, and 10mm 044. I WILL be acquiring the MDG-1 unit, and Husky gear for troubleshooting the AT saws. I have not had an AT come in for service yet, but the first one will certainly be in 2014. Don't want to get caught with my pants down on that. I'm feeling good about finding an old Poulan or two this year also. They are much easier to find when you are not looking.

The Stihl MS 241CM will be going home with me this year as soon as one hits the shop. I'm always looking for another really sharp MS 440 or 038 Mag II, it's also hard for me not to pack home any sharp 028 Supers. Although Stihl is being very tight lipped about the potential release date, I would like to try the first model of the "I" saw, fuel injection will set them apart in the future.

The Stihl MS 241CM will be going home with me this year as soon as one hits the shop. I'm always looking for another really sharp MS 440 or 038 Mag II, it's also hard for me not to pack home any sharp 028 Supers. Although Stihl is being very tight lipped about the potential release date, I would like to try the first model of the "I" saw, fuel injection will set them apart in the future.
Is the 241cm going to be a reality this year?
I've been waiting on one of those as well but my local dealer seems to think it's not going to be offered in the US.

You will see it here in Missouri somewhere in the late March/April time frame. Our disttributor here in Missouri is Crader out of Marble Hill, Mo. they are telling us the Mar/April time frame for sure. I've been bugging them to death about it. The day they pop up on the screen available to order I'll post about it. I watch everyday looking for the 661 and the 241. It's hard to believe but Crader/Blue Mountain is the largest distributor of Stihl equipment in the USA. I would have thought the west coast boys would have been the largest.

Like Saw Dr. I will be getting a MDG-1 so I can work on M-Tronic saws. It's what's coming for the future, so I may as well be ready.

My two new saws this year will be a 362C-M fairly soon and a MS241C-M when they become available. I'm going to have to sell off some of my other saws to make it happen.

srb08 I can help you with the 2260
sgt7546 I can port your 460
markeagleusa I can get you a saw when it comes available at a good price
ncvarmint,you know I got the 562 at great prices
geryfox your 2188 is in the works
08f150 I got a 395 on the shelf whenever your ready
jakeg I can do you up a new x torq 372 or build you up an old school 372 ported
bowtechmadman I can definitely hook you up on the red rocket
marcs I can get you a 2188

ok whos next in line that I can help out. :popcorn:

Just sold my limbing saw. So will be looking in near future for a 346/2153 or may just step up to a 359 or a 562 for that. Limbing with my 394 now is tiresome. I've always wanted a 3120:chainsaw: for the big jobs. Another 372 while I'm at it to;).

Latest posts

Back