whats the most useful bar and chain combo for 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No not the jred bars and chain's just the county line brand bars and chain's. Im about to try one of the jred bars and chain's on some of my saws see what they are like.

They put the County Line bars on the jred saws?

Well, the Jonsereds bars are the same as the Husqvarna labeled bars here in the US. They are made by Oregon(Blount), and private labeled for the respective OEM.

This ^ is what I'm thinking.

Jon1212 answered it. I put one of the county line brand bars and chain's on my ms170 that i keep in the truck box and on the 4wheeler at times. It dint last maybe 30 cuts in different types of wood and wouldn't holda resharpened edge at all. It was like the metal was to soft. Bar was fair.

Yep, all .058 Jon.

All 18" except the mini pro, not sure what to do with that one?

.058 is what I use here, both Husky, Oregon and Stihl pretends that .050 only is about .325 NK and 3/8" lo-pro/picco - and .058 is a better choice anyway.

Anyway, there is absolutely no gain in using .050 with regular .325 or 3/8", except availability in parts of the US - and there are possible disadvantages with chip clearing and oiling.

Back