What's your favorite firewood scrounging saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's Husqvarna I don't own any of those

You Poor, Deprived Soul:(

Your Momma, must've REALLY HATED You, Sorry to hear of a childhood like that:(:(:(

That is Really Sad, to have Never owned a 200 series Husky XP, it's no wonder you like Stihls, they're Not a BAD Saw, it's just that you don't know any better, we will try to show you the way to Happiness and fulfillment ;)

Doug :cheers:

Your Momma, must've REALLY HATED You, Sorry to hear of a childhood like that:(:(:(

That is Really Sad, to have Never owned a 200 series Husky XP, it's no wonder you like Stihls, they're Not a BAD Saw, it's just that you don't know any better, we will try to show you the way to Happiness and fulfillment ;)

I had an 82 Huskavarna CR250. But the KX that I got next kicked it’s arse.

You did see i own one right? I was joking. I have a pristine 372xp. I like it so much i wont beat it up . I need a beater one haha.
I like dolmars more than anything. I wouldn't buy a 50cc class stihl. I would get a echo before i ever did. So i would buy a husky or dolmar for a 50cc if i got another saw in that class.

The second load of scrounge Wood out of the truck. Ill cut it up and deal with it later. Sometimes when you find the Forest Service stuff it's easier to just grab the logs then it is to cut them up. Nothing out here is on flat ground so carrying a 20 lb saw up and down a hillside isn't any fun a couple more sales that I can actually say my CAD has paid off.
I have to take the bar off of the dcs6421 I've had it on there since I was using it for Milling 20181106_204204.jpg 20181106_205545.jpg

Jon...se...red

Or Jon...sa...red

I like the straighter (meaning more square to the plane of the bar) than Husky’s top handle.

And the appearance. You can’t not like that.

The Dolmar 5105 has a very nice motor. Above reproach, imo. But it doesn’t handle like a Husky, that’s for certain.
I think Home Depot is renting those out too so that means that after 3 years they'll be selling them also will be interesting to see how much I think they just started to carry them they don't carry the dcs6421 in most places anymore they have switched to the 6100 p which I didn't really care for it was just as heavy but you can't upgrade the jug

The 6100 is a very fat saw.

The 5105 is also a fat saw

The 420 Dolly is a little pudgy for a 40cc saw, but it feels so good in the hands it doesn’t seem to matter.

Dolmar makes some fat saws.

You should run your 372 until you get familiar.

If your saws aren’t starting really well, a little tweak on the low screw should clear that right up.

You did see i own one right? I was joking. I have a pristine 372xp. I like it so much i wont beat it up . I need a beater one haha.
I like dolmars more than anything. I wouldn't buy a 50cc class stihl. I would get a echo before i ever did. So i would buy a husky or dolmar for a 50cc if i got another saw in that class.

I missed the 372 in your sig line, it SHOULD be at the TOP of the list, where it Belongs;)

In the "Scrounging Class size saws, the 346XP has an almost cult like following, I am Very Happy with my 353.

My Huskys have treated me wellso I have had no reason to go anywhere else, there is a Husky for any need I have, and I have a Good start, on having as many as I need, which I am almost there, but a 395XP would sure fit Nicely between the 266XP and the 3120XP. But I still want a 272XP, or 372XP, I hear Good things about those '72s.

Upgrade? Just because you can make it bigger doesn’t mean it is an upgrade. It just means it’s bigger.
They say the 7900 which weighs the same as the 6421 but is a whole nother animal. I think theres even a 89cc jug out there?
I used mine alot for milling actually.

Latest posts

Back