Where can I buy a top handle saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiva

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I’m an amateur tree climber and I currently work with an Ms 211

I have no problems but I want to have a spare saw and test how a top handle saw performs. I cannot spend more than 400$
I intend of buying a hitachi 32cc for around 240$ Unless anyone talks me out of it.

So I’m an amateur tree climber and I currently work with an Ms 211

I have no problems but I want to have a spare saw and test how a top handle saw performs. I cannot spend more than 400$
I intend of buying a hitachi 32cc for around 240$ Unless anyone talks me out of it.
Any store that sells a Hitachi 32cc for around $240 :blob2::blob2:

echo cs 355t 349 plus tax....thats 373....even cheaper if you have an echo dealer on a dealer day 20 percent off that.. or an echo cs 271t....319 with tax.....i own both models plus the above cs2511 t and if i picked one it would be the cs 355t.....good saw for the money brand new.....mines still stock just tuned a lil rich....

Man, I sure like my Echo 330T, 3400, and 355T. I hate selling any of them. Tomorrow morning I'll run the vintage 3400 because it always starts and never fails. I think I dropped a whopping $140 for it three years ago -- a bargain and a half. Professional climbers loved using them for years and many still do.

Echo dealer? Might be a little over your budget though, but man what a neat little saw.
View attachment 660791

Love mine
36072aec623190dafc74fb14e5604627.png

Is it possible that Echo top-handle saws are better buys that Stihls are? Well, I don't want to start any wars here, but I have never bought a Stihl top handle saw. But, I have repaired several of them.

Hard to say, it depends on preference maybe? The 3400 you have are bulletproof saws, the 355T i had didn’t impress me at all and i prefer the 201T, but i think the 2511 takes the 150T’s lunch.

Man, I sure like my Echo 330T, 3400, and 355T. I hate selling any of them. Tomorrow morning I'll run the vintage 3400 because it always starts and never fails. I think I dropped a whopping $140 for it three years ago -- a bargain and a half. Profesisonal climbers loved using them for years and many still do.
very dependable saws....

I have a nice MS 192T i could let go. It has a muffler mod and timing advance and rips pretty good for what it is.
he could always get a 192 or even a 193t its in the price range ..i never ran either but i know some guys beat there 192's to death and they ran for years.... i almost got one but when it was time the 193 t came out and i read such mixed reviews i went with new echos....I know a guy all he did was sharpen his 192 and clean the air filter and beat it into the ground saw made him money....sold my old echos still running after years... but i clean them after every job and sharpen unless it was small stuff.....

I love the 355t but is it durable??? i dont know yet... i keep hearing about handles breaking etc...so far so good but im not an every day tree work maybe one tree job per week.... or branches here and there for that i have a power pruner.....

he could always get a 192 or even a 193t its in the price range ..i never ran either but i know some guys beat there 192's to death and they ran for years.... i almost got one but when it was time the 193 t came out and i read such mixed reviews i went with new echos....I know a guy all he did was sharpen his 192 and clean the air filter and beat it into the ground saw made him money....sold my old echos still running after years... but i clean them after every job and sharpen unless it was small stuff.....

They don’t get any love but with the muffler opened up and a little timing advance they run pretty good.

I've had my 355t for 2 years now. The only thing I've had to replace was the baffle and spark arrestor because I didn't use loctite on the little bolts after the muffler mod. They rattled out and that guy was unbearably loud for a few days.

The 355t isn't as powerful as the 201tc. But i've never had an issue starting it, running it, stopping it, and starting it again. It has been 100% reliable to me these 2 years.

Back