Where is the PS5100s?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty sight, and sound. The 530 picking corn that is. Next to chainsaws, nothing gets me going like a Poppin' Johnny!

yes I am saying he can't start a 5100s, my father does represent a segment of my customer base and no he can't start it. He can start other saws though, not everyone but most anything reasonable. I have picked up one of those special Stihl starter ropes I am debating about putting on it to smooth the lumps out, will see, hate to put a Stihl rope on a new Dolmar.

And Tony those JD's do sound nice, I like the sound of an unstyled "A" better the the 530's

here is a video of the other 5100 I got , different wood than but it cut it in 10.97 seconds for 2 cuts

here is what we will be running this weekend , I will be filing a chain for it tonight so it will cut quicker yet, still real tight cause so new but once we get 20 tanks or so threw her she will get up and talk, time is 4.56 sec.

ehp said:
here is what we will be running this weekend , I will be filing a chain for it tonight so it will cut quicker yet, still real tight cause so new but once we get 20 tanks or so threw her she will get up and talk, time is 4.56 sec.
Whoa...that saw be cutting some wood! Very nice...

rahtreelimbs said:
Cool, a 50% increase!!!

Rich that is way over a 50% decrease in cut time, which I'd say equates to darn near twice the power output....

Ed, you are amazing!!! So whaddya think, should I bother having Ed port my 346, or just do two 5100's....

With that much power, ti would be a kick to see how the saw would perform with a 24-28 inch bar....I reckon you'd have to modify a large mount bar to make it fit...I'm sure at that length it would lag a stock 372 in big wood by a fair bit..

keith c raymond said:
How much for a stock 5100?anybody?

both 166 and TonyM quoted me about $375, which is a steal for a saw that would obliterate a pure stock 260 Stihl

Last edited:
Andy the port timing is even lower on the 5100 than the 7900, I just could not leave things alone we will see tomorrow if we are better, but they are a nice saw to run that is forsure, when the saw is running on the ground with alot of noise around it you have to and check to see if it is still running it is that smooth

I just got back in from running my first tank through my new 5100s. This saw has some serious rpm's and TORQUE. Feels as light or lighter than my husky 353 and has quite a bit more power. Very smooth in the hands and I like the inboard clutch design. The master control lever is the best I have seen yet. Only one tank ran thru so far but not a speck of dust on the air filter. I bought mine from TonyM and he is top notch to deal with. He is very prompt on getting back to you anytime you have a question and always adresses any concerns you might have to the letter. As long as dolmars dealer base continues to expand and this saw proves to be trouble free, I think the 5100s will be the new saw to beat in the 50cc class.

Brent, pretty sweet, aren't they. The power is good, yes, but the whole package is just well designed. I've got about 4 tanks through mine now, and she's starting to richen up a bit. Dolmar definitely did their homework with this model.

Latest posts

Back