Where is the PS5100s?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran the 5100 , it seems pretty good but it rained all day so no video maybe tomorrow, time was around 6.5 seconds

10.82 sec's to about 6.5??!! Ed, you are the MASTER!!! WOW is an understatement!!

Roger, KFtrees 346 is right there as well , I hope to get sometime to stick the 5100 into the log pile cause she needs to get worked to loosen her up some

Sweet, Ed. I figured the gains from the 346 might be better than the 5100, similar to the 7900/272.....did you get my pm?

ehp

you mentioned in a earler post that the 7900 was alot cheaper than a 372's
what sort of priceing are we talking about.
I am going to have to invest in some saws soon since, i have lost alot of saw since piston and cyilder scorch in the last 3 mounths 257 and a 357 and my 394, and today my 385 went .
Idont now what the problem is I have not changed any thing .
I use husky mix and reg. gas at 50:1
i might have to change this , do you have any sugestion
and if you have price on the 5100's also

lawmart
Playsafe

I would be looking for a problem, cause to many saws went down, what fuel are you running and oil cause that would be the first place to look.

On prices they are sending me a price list , it went into the mail today cause i talked to Glen just before lunch , he is our rep for this area. I will PM you a price ok

yea Its going to be an expensive winter . I will have to get a M.T.O.
contract this winter.

I got a new jug and piston on the 394 (89) the 257 and 357 are in a box i got a price of 320.00 for jug and piston (after market) for the 357.
the 385 is/was a "03 " really did not like that saw at all actualy hated it. way to heavy and bulkey for me for the power.
All i have left is my 371 "99" and the 394 &395 i pickedup a 353 last week need a small saw since the 335 (2) really suck and iam not investing any more money in to mine.

thethe oil i use is husky in the black bottle Iusually get the 10l size and put in 9.5 liters i think its 200ml bottle. and the fuel is perto-canada reg. grade.

do you use any other mix and at what rate.

lawmart
playsafe

sorry for getting of topic..

you donot use high test gas? without looking at your motor it is hard to say but is the ext. side of your piston scored cause I would guess your motors have burned up

Why PS-5000 and PS-5100S

pinus said:
Why the PS5000 was made, not very clear for me

The first reason for the two displacements below and above 50 cc is the different exhaust emission regulation in europe and US. The second is the clear differentiation between the standard version (PS-5000, max rpm 13.500 min-1, 2,8 kW/3.8 hp) and the high Speed S-model PS-5100S (max rpm 14.500, 2.9 hp/4.0 hp). The introduction in the european market startet with the PS-5000 and the PS-4600S. Because of marketing reasons the PS-5100S will follow at a later point of time.

Greets from Germany

RandD said:
...... Because of marketing reasons the PS-5100S will follow at a later point of time.
Are you sure that it won't be named PS-5000S for Europe ?

That model number is referred to as an 14500 rpm option in the DLG/KWF test report on the 5000, but I have so far not seen it mentioned from Dolmar.

Well in 20 years with Dolmar I have never heard of anyone complaining of "TO MUCH HYPE". Hype has never been our marketing tool. I truly believe that DOLMAR is more of a try it and buy it product. Scott, I have heard so many other situtions like the one you had with the new 5100S. We dont have timbersports, but I feel we have something even bigger. And it starts here with every dealer we have and every new dealer we are getting. I want to thank all of you dealers and endusers here for your support of the Dolmar product line. I know things are only going to get BIGGER and BETTER.

Ed, I would love to hear your comments on the PS-5100S!!!

Terry I will send you some video, I ran the other 5100 I have here today against the stock 346 just to make sure I didnot have a ringer in the first one, it was the same outcome as before the 5100 just has more power plain and simple . The 5100 is one of the smoothest saws you will ever run, it has no vibrations but feels better to me in my hands than the 346, the motor doesnot move up and down as much as the 346 when you are cutting with it.
I tached it in the wood, the stock 5100 was pulling at 10,600 rpm's, that is where it cuts it fastest time, I am sure the true power rpm is lower but like most stocksaws you can cut a faster time by being above that number.
The woodsported 5100 is starting to break in now and making some horsepower, it is turning around 13200 rpm's in the wood with good torque.
Terry they seem to be a real nice saw, and Dolmar should sell a pile of them

Well in 20 years with Dolmar I have never heard of anyone complaining of "TO MUCH HYPE". Hype has never been our marketing tool. I truly believe that DOLMAR is more of a try it and buy it product. Scott, I have heard so many other situtions like the one you had with the new 5100S. We dont have timbersports, but I feel we have something even bigger. And it starts here with every dealer we have and every new dealer we are getting. I want to thank all of you dealers and endusers here for your support of the Dolmar product line. I know things are only going to get BIGGER and BETTER.

Terry, Speaking of Marketing I have customers that will walk into our store, look at my Dolmar display and say "Sachs-Dolmar never heard of them". Now if you look at my Dolmar display (Picture link below) you won't see the name Sachs anywhere! Just shows the Marketing from the 1980's Sachs-Dolmar worked!

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment_27864.php

I have not run alot of chainsaws in my life and I surely havent run very many of the competitor saws. I have run all the Sachs-Dolmars and Dolmars since 1985 including the 166 and I am so pleased and PROUD to work for Dolmar especially when they are producing products like the New PS-5100S, 510, 460 and the larger family PS-6400-7300, 7900. I know that given our NEW SAWS our NEW DISTRIBUTION and our REVIVED USA presents we will be more visiable and competitor damaging than ever BEFORE, No HYPE intended! At the Louisville Expo last month I have never seen such an interest in the Dolmar Products, from the dealers and from the end-users present. The DOLMETTE with the 24 PS-7900's as the power plant was a huge draw and well once they were in the booths (outside and inside) they stayed, visited and learned. I have to say it is FUN AGAIN to be working at and with DOLMAR. There are more things coming and thanks to IDN Distributor Network more dealers and end-users are going to KNOW about DOLMAR than ever before. Dolmar USA is striving to match the accomplishments of Dolmar Germany "Brand of the Year" in Germany two years running.

Regarding the placement of a decompression valve on the PS-5100 S. There are some issues to be considered with this: 1. The decompression valve does rob some power from the units they are on. 2. The emissions values for units with a deco valve are a little higher than without the valve. In these times of Emission friendly engines some ways have to change to make the easier to start and lower exhaust pollutants. Dolmar is working on and idea even better than a deco valve. It is truly an amazing development for high compression engines. Dolmar is advancing in ways you will not believe until you see them for yourself.

All well and good on the emissions issue, but it is kinda a bummer when you see a guy who is strong enough to run a John Deere 530 WITHOUT power steering and a mounted New Idea picker on it go through 20 acres of corn, hook up the wagons himself, climb on & off this contraption and not be able to start this f!@#$ing saw.

Latest posts

Back