Where is the PS5100s?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats plenty fast for me....TonyM will be sending me one Wed. Does anyone want my modded 346?.........JUST KIDDING

I cannot say if I can compete with the USA on pricing but if anybody is looking in Canada I can get them at a good price.,

Steve it is just to much saw for you to handle anyways :)

I feel vindicated, in two areas! The 115i is a very strong 50cc saw, and the 5100s is the new king for power in the class!

Russ,
I thought about buying a 346 to do the video myself, but EHP did it first.
Steve

well it is ported now, we will run her in the morning and see how she does.
The motor is pretty much a smaller 7900 motor on how it was made and ported so if you donot like the 7900 motor you most likely willnot like this one, .040 squish , narrow skirt on the piston but are using the same style of piston pin c clips as husky you have to like that . The ext. port outlet is real low on the jug just above the crankcase. It is a quad transfer design but small ports like the 7900 which is a good thing with the narrow skirt on the piston. We will see how she goes in the morning

That's mighty impressive, Ed and Tony!!!! I'm looking forward to how the saw does modded....

Ed, I've always thought the 346 weighed more than 10.6 lb....but not that much more , ...Were the tanks bone dry?

I'll have to have ya mod a 5100 for sure....but no hurry, I'll prolly find a better price in the US of Eh.

Roger husky weighs there saws without the side cover and spikes on them cause they call them attachments, yes both saw had no fuel and no oil in them , I even made sure both had the same gear on them to be as fair as I could and as far as the price I think you will be surprized cause the 7900 's are alot cheaper than a 372 or 460 up here but I donot have a price as of yet for the 5100's they just sent me 2 of them

Surprice? - Hardly!

:rolleyes: I must admit that I don't quite understand why it is surpricing that the PS-5100 outcut the 346xp - .4 kW more must surely have indicated that it would.
:blob5:

Both power output and weight is about midway between the 346xp and the MS361......

SawTroll said:
:rolleyes: I must admit that I don't quite understand why it is surpricing that the PS-5100 outcut the 346xp - .4 kW more must surely have indicated that it would.
:blob5:

Both power output and weight is about midway between the 346xp and the MS361......

Oh, probably because manufacturers specs aren`t always reliable and the US version hadn`t been tested by any independant source as far as I know. It`s not very often that we get something in the US that is as good as what you guys get in terms of performance.

Russ

I may be a little late.But TonyM, if you still want a stock 346 to test against, my dad has one with 3 or 4 tanks of fuel through it(bone stock). He lives in richland and I live in comstock so it wont be too far.

I was thinking more of a comparison than a competition. The problem is that it came with a 16" bar and he wanted a 18" and ended up with a 20" bar. What will your Dolmar be running? I have a digital camcorder I can bring also.
Brian

Not a problem bnew, as I think they have the same bar mount.
You will be able to use the same bar and chain on both saws.

I say "competition" in jest. The two saws use the same bar mount, so I have bars and chain. The camcorder will be cool. Would Saturday before noon work?

Should be no problem. Give me directions or an address so I can Mapquest it. A cell # I can call when were on the way.

Latest posts

Back