Where to buy Unistrut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnxfergy

Reaction score
I am just getting started with this milling. I have seen quite a few guys using Unistrut for their guide bars. Where can I buy it? I live in the Northeast (Albany, NY), today I went to Lowes and Home Depot and looked through shelving, also asked a few associates and nobody had any idea, is it stocked somewhere else in the store?

Thanks,
Fergs

I've never seen it in either place, nor any store that is homeowner oriented. It's pretty much a commericial thing.

You need to find a wholesale house for plumbers, or HVAC people. Something like a Grainger's or the like. Or fire protection folks. You want someone that sells to contractors.

If you go to their site ( http://www.unistrut.com ) And click on "Contact Us" (look in the blue bar), you can look for a dealer. It's kind of a kluge, you have to click on "Locate Unistrut USA", and then take it from there. Closest factory store to you appears to be in Buffalo, which isn't likely going to do you much good. You need to find dealers.

I just searched on "Unistrut Albany" and found these folks:

http://www.eberliron.com/sales_reps.php#albany

http://www.fwwebb.com/html/ny.html

Hope that helps!

Youll find it in the electrical isles. Try your local electrical supply yard as well.

Casey, you've seen it in the electrical aisle at Lowe's or HD? Interesting - I have not.

But then, I haven't been looking for it. :laugh:

Yeah, if they carry it, that's where I'd expect to find it.

I've never seen it in either place, nor any store that is homeowner oriented. It's pretty much a commericial thing.

You need to find a wholesale house for plumbers, or HVAC people. Something like a Grainger's or the like. Or fire protection folks. You want someone that sells to contractors.

If you go to their site ( http://www.unistrut.com ) And click on "Contact Us" (look in the blue bar), you can look for a dealer. It's kind of a kluge, you have to click on "Locate Unistrut USA", and then take it from there. Closest factory store to you appears to be in Buffalo, which isn't likely going to do you much good. You need to find dealers.

I just searched on "Unistrut Albany" and found these folks:

http://www.eberliron.com/sales_reps.php#albany

http://www.fwwebb.com/html/ny.html

Hope that helps!

HD and Lowes here in Lansing carry it in 2', 5' and 10' lengths.

Hey look, I get to edit a post!!

We must have been typing at the same time!!

I get it at any of these stores. I believe they are national chains.

Elliot electric

Ferguson plumbing

Ace contractor supply

I have not found it in the borg stores here either.

I am just getting started with this milling. I have seen quite a few guys using Unistrut for their guide bars. Where can I buy it? I live in the Northeast (Albany, NY), today I went to Lowes and Home Depot and looked through shelving, also asked a few associates and nobody had any idea, is it stocked somewhere else in the store?

Thanks,
Fergs

hi neighbor. I live about 30 miles south of you, near chatham. Try graingers, and as someone else said, fw webb. Home depot is a completely useless store. Even if they had it, no one there would know what you are talking about. Happy milling

If you have a friend who is a plumber or electrician you could ask them where to buy it. Better yet see if they have some laying around that they don't need. I get free stuff like that all th time when I am out on job sites, it's really surprising what contractors will give you if you just ask, granted you have to be ready for some funny looks. Also, look for the stuff that is laying outside in the mud or near the dumpsters, it's all trash to them and good small project supplies to us.

I it's really surprising what contractors will give you if you just ask, granted you have to be ready for some funny looks. Also, look for the stuff that is laying outside in the mud or near the dumpsters, it's all trash to them and good small project supplies to us.

Amen! I'm not ashamed to scrounge! My wife currently has a nice 'desk', made from a solid core commercial door from a fancy office that got remodeled. Put a couple of short file cabinets down as a base, and it's pretty nice, really. I've got enough 2" & 3" EMT for a few projects. I can't fathom a contractor throwing that stuff out - I'm talking uncut 10 foot sections! :dizzy: But they did! Same for some nice flourescent light fixtures for dropped ceilings. They just tossed them! I have enough flex conduit to wire my shop, again, just tossed. 50' up to 150' sections!

Good for me! :cheers:

I got mine at HD as well in the electrical section.

I should note though that I thought I'd try to save some time and call ahead to make sure they had it. Called 2 Lowes and 2 Home Depots...each associate I talked to said they didn't have it. I just went in to see for myself...there it was.

Home depot is a completely useless store. Even if they had it, no one there would know what you are talking about. Happy milling

Called 2 Lowes and 2 Home Depots...each associate I talked to said they didn't have it. I just went in to see for myself...there it was.

Yep. I've been told, "SUCK ME!" by a Home Depot person for daring to ask him to tell me where I might find something. Didn't ask him to take me there, but point me in the right direction.

Why, no, I haven't been in a Home Depot since then, why do you ask? :angry: It was the last of many straws.

At least the help at Lowe's is politely ignorant!

Yep. I've been told, "SUCK ME!" by a Home Depot person for daring to ask him to tell me where I might find something. Didn't ask him to take me there, but point me in the right direction.

Why, no, I haven't been in a Home Depot since then, why do you ask? :angry: It was the last of many straws.

At least the help at Lowe's is politely ignorant!

:ices_rofl: WOW, that beats any of my home depot storyies. We don't have a Lowes nearby so I frequent one of the local hardware stores, who also happens to be a Husky dealer. If he doen't have what I need, he gets right on the phone and orders it, while shopping for the best deal. Not only that, I can ask a question, and get a helpful answer.

That kid needs to say " suck me" to the right person, and get his face handed to him thru his buttcheeks.:taped: :ices_rofl: :rock:

Upper management has changed at home depot..it's improved a bit, but not what it started out to be...the average yo-yo there is still clueless...funny..I sell more crap in there just by having a clue...

Upper management has changed at home depot..it's improved a bit, but not what it started out to be...the average yo-yo there is still clueless...funny..I sell more crap in there just by having a clue...

Not in this area. I went to Home depot the other day to pick up a few things. I saw a great deal on a grille I wanted. My wife and I each searched independently of each other for 10 minutes to find an employee to help us. No dice. I went to the customer service desk to ask for help. She said " its wednesday, meeting day, and for some reason EVERYONE in the garden dept is a department head". She paged twice to get some one to help us. After another 10 minutes of waiting, we went to Wallyworld, right next door and bought a grille. Home depot is completely USELESS!!!!:bang:

Latest posts

Back