Who is still firing up their stove this season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing tomorrow for first time in a week or so...not so much cool as I expect it to be raw (certainly by Monday with the rain predicted).

Usually it's late May/very early June when I have my last fire.

I keep a small fire going. It just hurts me to use propane.

Still burning here, last night was in the mid to upper 30's. Burning slabwood now, and half loads for overnight. Looks about in a week or so, no more fires.

Burned all day and night in central maine. They are threatening snow tonight. 38 deg right now. Russ

Boy, what a difference a day makes.

Just yesterday I was out in a tee shirt, mopping sweat off my forehead working on the tractor. Windows open in the house. I thought we were done burning for the year. :confused:

It's rainy, damp and below 50° today. Closed the windows and got a fire started this morning. Donned my jacket and brought in a couple totes of wood.

Come to think of it, I better carry my arse out to the stacks right soon and get some more. We're gonna need it. The SheWolf has been feeding the smoke dragon today.

Forecast is for cool weather all week. I'm glad we didn't set the peppers and maters out in the garden. I was tempted to... but something told me to wait.

Looks like it's gonna be Fire TV for days to come. :)

My old inefficient fireplace was started an hour ago as I brought in some of this past winters leftover Cottonwood!!! Gonna have 2-3 nights of fires here since winters back......snow tomorrow!!!

Here we had +26C last week and the cold weather came back the last three days. We had snow yesterday....I started the wood stove again. But i like to feed the wood stove:msp_biggrin:

Haven't had a fire in a week or so, but lit the insert up tonight to take the damp chill away. Finally getting some rain for the first time in weeks!

Haven't burned in almost 2 weeks, but the rain and dampness that's here now might make me start one.... maybe tomorrow.

Gotta love Spring in the Mid-Atlantic

Yesterday was 79 & sunny, today highs were mid 40s & rain. Still burning as needed, but hoping when we get back from vacation in 2 weeks Summer will be here.

Just brought some wood in a was reminded of the "tarping stacks" thread. Was going to weigh in, but they've moved on to arguing about the cause(s) of chapped lips.

Just came in a little while ago and threw a small hickory round on top of the coals...left over winter wood, I never touched a single stick of what was supposed to be the spring wood. That is now next fall wood.

attachment.php

nights here have been in the upper 30's,, snowed once last week, so still burnin although the fire just idles mostly

July is about the only month where the stove is completely idle. Currently, there's a nice fire of loose bark and split log offings and weird chunks blzing and chasing off the rawness. This, after a week of no fire. Hauled some 2013-14 wood home today and tidied up the area, tossing in some drought-dried crap into peach baskets for the next few. I'm in St. Loius on business for the next week, so having some easy heat corraled in the barn will help the wify back here where temps will hover ca. 50*.

Having a cookstove, the recent heat was a bummer. Came home to raw food one day - an apologetic wife noting she didn't know how to cook porkchops in a gas oven, being so accustomed to the cookoven. That was worth a good hug, assuming as i did that a hug from me was worth a tinkers damn.

I've been burning on and off with temps in the 30-40s at night. It is not supposed to even get into the 50s this week with winter storm warnings. The pisser is that I have been burning all 3yr seasoned oak and some maple because I am out of shoulder season wood (I burned all that up in January! go figure.

still burning on and off this week. Started my stove later than ever this year( Oct 21st.) and burning later than usual... I used less wood this year than I ever have by about 1/3. frost advisory this week as well. :msp_confused: odd year here.

Latest posts

Back