Who is still firing up their stove this season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with the rainy cold in the 40's weather i started the stove back up yesterday. now they are talking snow in late April????? i "thought" i would be done burning by now.

Fired the little stove up last night - it was cold, wet and windy outside, and nice and toasty inside. And it didn't cost me a penny. Probably fire up one of them tonight too.

Cold and rainy out today, fired up the boiler this morning and probably will be burning most of this week!

Stove is back on tonight. Too damp outside.
61aaf909-eacc-7ca0.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Lit up about 2:00 Sunday afternoon, (first fire in 10 days), and again last night when I got home. Going to be a cold damp week here with temps dipping into the 30's every night. I expect to be burning the whole week. Got plenty of wood, so let her rip. :clap:

I keep thinking, "this will be the last one" and keep carrying in just one arm load at a time.
Then 2 or 3 days later it cools off enough to light another fire, so I'm carrying another armload.
If I knew I was gonna' be burning more wood in April than I did in March I would've tossed a half cord down the old coal shoot.
Really, if I would've known I'd be burning this often in April I would've harvested one of the standing-dead elm... 'cause after burning (so called) "shoulder season" wood all winter, now I'm burning oak... which just seems a bit back-azz-wards to me.

I've even cleaned the furnace up twice, figurin' I was done. I'm gonna' clean it out just one more time (maybe this weekend)... and if it cools off after that I'm throwin' in the towel and I'll let the gas furnace finish out the season. The cool temps we've been having are actually "normal" for this time of year, but after having high 80's in March it just don't seem right.

Spidey, I'm just happy to have gotten the basement wood stash empty. I don't mind hauling a couple arm loads a day down this time of year.

You need to head over (up, down?) to Chelsea on Saturday for the GTG. Even for a 1 saw guy, they're a heck of a fun time.

Iowa Spring GTG II

Whitespider,

Would like to send you a personal invite to the GTG. I for one would like to run your strong 026 and see if I have a good 260 or one of the less powerful ones. Just like to have anyone in the area be able to make it--especially someone so close by.

Go to the chainsaw forum and look up Iowa Spring GTG II and you can see some pics on the later pages and catch up on the goin's on.

Ron

On Sunday I started to clean my OWB for the season but then on a short break saw the weather forecast. So I stopped in my tracks and had to fire it up again last night. Its amazing how easily you get spoiled having the house in the low to mid 70's all the time.

Latest posts

Back