Who is still firing up their stove this season?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been cold here in western, PA the past week. Hard freeze a few nights/mornings. Projected high on Saturday in the 40's. I've made evening fires for probably 5 of the past 7 days. Soapstone stove radiates heat for a long time...... One overnight fire keeps the house nice all day in these temps.

Predicted highs this weekend in the low 50's, possibly only upper 40's... probably some frost in the mornings...
I'm guessin' I'll be lightin' a fire or two.
Before I left this morning I told the wife to carry in a few armloads of wood... I guess we'll see when I get home (about 20 minutes from now) if that did any good.

Pour down rain and 40 degrees you bet the fire place is going :msp_smile:

Still burning close to constant small but very steady wheel barrow every 2-3 day worth maybe in a steel type stove

Jus' remember Spidey...YOU'RE the one with the two strong arms, not her!

Yeah, but I also have a work smarter, not harder ideology... and anytime I can get her to haul the wood I'm workin' smarter :laugh:. But sadly it didn't work out for me... I hauled in the wood last night.

Lookin' at clouds and a balmy high of 39[sup]o[/sup] for tomorrow, just slightly better for Sunday. Yep, the fire will be a burnin' this weekend. I need to get used to my new furnace build however. Ya' know... how to load it for conditions so the temps stay constant in the house... ain't quite got that down yet. Last night when I came in after cuttin' grass the house was 68[sup]o[/sup] and I knew it would cool more overnight... sweated my azz off in bed last night and it's still 76[sup]o[/sup] in here. That thing pumps out a lot of heat... a lot of heat! I have to admit to y'all, I held on to that old dragon way, way to many years. Good lord, I only put a three-quarter load in it last night, set the draft on low, and the blower is still running! If'n that thing heats as good during the dead of winter I won't be using half the wood the old dragon did.

Still burnin'.....

.....ayuh, still burnin' wood to keep the house (wife) warm. Loaded the stove shortly after getting home from work, full burn and blower on high. We're still getting nights below freezing and cool days that don't warm up the house much (and I sure can't afford to burn oil for heat). :hmm3grin2orange: Warm and comfy in front of the stove at 5:30 this afternoon. :D

attachment.php

^^ Now thats a fire !

Just fired up the stove. Brrrrrr......... chilly day. Let it run over night then burn out in the morning. Seems to be the M O lately.

I can't believe it but the Mid Atlantic has a freeze warning tonight. As soon as my wife went to bed I fired up the stove. I also was hanging some pics in the room with my new Channellocks laser level. I also have one of those Caframo fans on my stove as a novelty. I really like the fan. I really like the company after I had a problem with the heat sink going bad on my first fan in a year (or more). They did not give me a bunch of gas that I was out of warranty and sent me a whole new fan. That is a company that stands behind its warranty and that is noteworthy.

Hanging pics of Glory Days
attachment.php

Other side of the room with the Jotul blasting and the new Caframo Airmax rock'in.

attachment.php

Frost on the truck windows wed and thu mornings. Yesterday and today, was right at the freezing mark, but too breezy for any frost. Tonight and tomorrow night are both predicted to dip into the 20's. All adds up to a lot of burning for late April, doesn't it? It's supposed to warm up a bit next week, but there will also be a few rainy days, so adding in the dampness I expect to be burning most of the coming week as well.

Was over 60° this morning and the SheWolf was cold. So I got a fire going. :)

I've been bringing in one or two totes of wood at a time.

Back