who is your main firewood helper/s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8d01c5cb20a9e827dc7e8398a3002b8f.jpg

My daughter is my helper or maybe supervisor, had to do a lil limb clean up on the trail...

I have two good friends that like to deer hunt. They get some nice land to hunt and I get help to process around 15 cord wood a year for my boiler. I have a skid loader with a saw on it so normally I have the logs ready and when they help we just buck the logs and spit into dump trailers. It all works out great I have less deer eating my corn and I am getting the pasture cleaned up.

Years ago one of the bird hunting type dogs showed up at one of our farms back then we only had deer hunters. Ran an ad in the local paper couldn't find owner.We took the dog home. That was one of the best farm dogs we ever had. It was no pup when we got her and we had her 16 years. Dog always followed the tractor to the field threw the dust so we named her Dusty.

That ol girl passed out in the backseat is almost 16. Tuff as nails still. Eyes are bad, and deaf as can be.
I call her demanding Dottie the dozer.

I've got a couple teenage boys that use to be big helps but the luster has worn off with them, I now use the same negotiation tools my dad did..."get up , we're doing firewood".

I'm 48 and as far as I can remember my father has never asked me to do anything , he still tells me what to do.
Mine was the same. He never asked you what you wanted to do or eat for dinner or such. You just did it.
He was a good Dad(RIP) and a fair and honest man, but you also never questioned him or talked back in a rude manner...You didn't dare!

Great thread with a lot of great pics. Funny too that I'm a 41 yr old with an 81 yr old Dad that never asked if I wanted to go to the woods in sub zero weather. I'm glad he did! I treat firewooding as a hobby as more than a necessity so I try to get the family involved as much as possible. Which gets tougher as my older two kids(12 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy) get older and more active in sports. They're great kids and get good grades so I let 'em off the hook most times. But usually as Mom runs them here and there I get "stuck" with my little 4 year old outdoorsman. I've posted this pic before but I love it. And he is my firewood buddy. Ornery as heck and will probably cause me twice the gray hair as the other two. But at least he loves the woods and woodpile!
IMG_3077.JPG
And one of u reminded me that I need a pic of his gator overloaded with wood too!
IMG_2794.JPG

! now that first picture tells of determination and will... the look of I need it done yesterday and the day before will do just fine! think of it as done! lol great pic! 2nd pic tells a different story of pure shutter!REALLY? "a pink bat in "MY GATOR".... NOT HAPPENING! LOL

I totally understand your wisdom there but I look at that older pic with his guilty eyes guessing I was saying give your 3 foot taller sister her bat back without screaming bloody hell. This is also why my wife and I cannot just yet have a quiet dinner date. I almost have him broken. Lol. He will swing an amazing maul when I let him someday! Somewhere this moment my dog is hiding in disgruntled disgust. Kids! Wouldn't have it any other way though. Neither would the dog. My chickens on the other hand...

Latest posts

Back