Who runs his saws and who doesn't.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you run your saws?

My dad helped me run an ad in the local paper when I was in high school and I sold a few cords of wood. Ten years down the road and I was the Varsity Scout leader and I worked with the Scoutmaster at the local sawmill. We had 7 boys who were short on motivation to get their Eagles so we hatched up a plan to go to Disneyland and they'ed earn the money cutting the buts and tips off the log loads bucked into house logs and turn the left-over into firewood. All the boys got their Eagles and we went to California. The following years we didn't need that big of a fundraiser and so Craig and I cut the wood and supplemented our incomes and I eventually went full time hanging on to the end of a Stihl chainsaw for over 25 years cutting more wood than you'd believe. So yes I use a saw for its intended purpose! By the way this is a great website if you don't tic someone off. There's alot of great info here and most of the people have their heads screwed on pretty straight. Thanks for all the great info guys.

slowp,

There has to be a story here.

271294d1318721165-day-40001_2-jpg

looks pretty simple to me... originally was going to drop it left... then changed mind and decided to drop it right.. Done it a bunch of times after re-evaluating the situation-surrounding trees, wind,lean, etc.

Ps, so soI've seen other people do on AS, I personally have never felled a tree with a chainsaw, i always get too tired using a bow saw.

I have only one self queen, my pops first chainsaw. Its NOTHING SPECIAL just a old xl-12 that he used to keep me and my sisters warm through our childhood. Me I run all my saws to heat my house, my sisters house, my mother in-laws house and my sister and brother in-laws house. My more modern saws run great, the XL needs carb work and Ill run it once in a while to just get some good memories flowing. I do LOVE my HUSQVARNA XP, its a LIGHT SABER!!!

I have only one self queen, my pops first chainsaw. Its NOTHING SPECIAL just a old xl-12 that he used to keep me and my sisters warm through our childhood. Me I run all my saws to heat my house, my sisters house, my mother in-laws house and my sister and brother in-laws house. My more modern saws run great, the XL needs carb work and Ill run it once in a while to just get some good memories flowing. I do LOVE my HUSQVARNA XP, its a LIGHT SABER!!!

does it make star wars sounds like mine does?

I often just violently weild it to the left and right pretending I'm darth vader making the shooooooooooo shooooooooo shhhoooooooooooooooooo shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooon sound. Then next thing I know the trees are all laying in a pile? Its the darndest thing.

looks pretty simple to me... originally was going to drop it left... then changed mind and decided to drop it right.. Done it a bunch of times after re-evaluating the situation-surrounding trees, wind,lean, etc.

Ps, so soI've seen other people do on AS, I personally have never felled a tree with a chainsaw, i always get too tired using a bow saw.

If you were a woman you could end up with a totem pole.

does it make star wars sounds like mine does?

I often just violently weild it to the left and right pretending I'm darth vader making the shooooooooooo shooooooooo shhhoooooooooooooooooo shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooon sound. Then next thing I know the trees are all laying in a pile? Its the darndest thing.

I hear the noise it make as shooooooooo shoooooooo, but I don't think my wife hears them that way.

Oh and the pics above are AWESOME!!!!!! That Grandpa is BOSS!!!!!!!!!

Oh and the pics above are AWESOME!!!!!! That Grandpa is BOSS!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

that ol boy probably has more real world saw time than 80% of the members here.

i have 10 runners 33cc on up to 64cc. i run em for firewood and fun and fix em to make a living. usually at minimum once every two weekends i run em for atleast a few hours. spring time is most of my cutting

they grow like weeds around here.

I took down one in Salem. 64 rings and you could park a skid steer on the stump.

Of course having that flare at the bottom really helps. Thing was only 85' tall. Dwarfed by the D. firs around it in height, but it was fat as any three or four of them together easy.

Mr. HE:cool:

I took down one in Salem. 64 rings and you could park a skid steer on the stump.

Of course having that flare at the bottom really helps. Thing was only 85' tall. Dwarfed by the D. firs around it in height, but it was fat as any three or four of them together easy.

Mr. HE:cool:

ya that one had 58. theres lot's down here. that one was in kiezer. average 10 a year of them. to bad most get short bucked. no economical way of getting them out. damn traffic cones.;)

I display my greasiest, nastiest saws on the 9 foot Steinway in my living room as I romantically gaze at em while pounding away at the keys in an ever-futile attempt to master "Great Balls of Fire" with one foot.

Yeah, I play the piano. Is there a problem with that?

i think it was limb locked.

Tools, and used they are, some not as much as others but a few have run year after year putting wood in the fire, logs to the mill and food on the table. they arnt much to look at thats for sure, not beat just well used:msp_sneaky:

My saw gets at least 10+ hours of use every weekend as long as it isn't really hot.
I have a husqvarna 235e with a 16 inch bar and i bet it gets more use than a lot of big saws i see guys posting on here;)

They're all limblocked but that tree sat back. The trees are too small for wedges, so I sent it the way it wanted to go. I'm neither a feller or a faller....:laugh:

Latest posts

Back