Who's got a husqvarna 545?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ported 346XPs are formidable.......just sayin.

:laugh:
My old 346 OE that I ported is formidable, but would like to have the NE ported by someone who knows what they are doing. Randy how does your ported 346 compare to a Dozerdan one?

Then I have another OE that is fixin to get a new oem top end that I'm goin to chuck up in the lathe.

All that and I want a 545? :laugh:

Good answer, and Randy can of course not answer such a question, nor can Dan.....

There also will be differences between the individual saws, that are not dependant on who ported them.
I know, I know...

I can only mess with you guys here at the moment, as Randy is booked up and Dan wont return email or PM...

Just thinkin out loud. o_O

I've never had to pleasure of running one of Dan's 346s.

But I've talked with Dan enough on the phone to know that his saws are gonna run just as well as mine. He and I have the same approach to building a work saw. Dan knows the difference between a cookie cutter and a work saw, and his saws will reflect that. Dan H, Terry L, Mitch W, and Scott K, and many other guys build great running saws.

I'm booked up Don, but the way I'm working this schedule cuts turn around time down to only a couple of weeks. I can pencil you in. :)

Sunfish Give Dan a call he usually gets back to you pretty quick he did my 365xt and did a good job on it.
I talked to Dan on the phone a few weeks ago, he said to email for his address.

I'm to the point of trying the machine work myself (cutting base & squish) on one of these. But would like to send one out also. We will see. Thanks.

Just currious.
545 v 550, one 550 coil, and same setup for AT as 550 have, and all the goodies are there? Or is there anything I missed?
Reason I ask is because 2252 is 40% cheaper then 2253 -:)

No reason to change the coil IMHO.
I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with a 545/2252. Compared to a 346xp they are every bit as good. My opinion.... because you can't screw up the tune. Auto tune makes me think I have always run my saws richer than I had to. I'm still happy to do so, but I'm sure I will be getting another 545/2252 in the future because they are great saws. I sold a 2252 to buy a real nice 346 recently. Not because the 346 is better stock, but because you can't just go out and buy them anymore and I want one ported. Can't go wrong with those saws.

And the cylinder is the same?
If so, only left with AT tuning? Or did I miss out some vital info?

The coil, which is a very important part .

Then there is the possibility that they put the wrong top end on that particular 2245, but that isn't very likely.

I have some scoring on my 545. It runs strong still but im sending it to terry soon-ish to be fixed/looked at. I hope he can pull the warranty on it since its not even a year old.

I'm kinda surprised at the two scrench +another allen wrench thing. First saw Ive had like that. Pretty accustomed to keeping a scrench. Still haven't run it. Looking forward to running it. Sucks to have to wait for some "break in wood". Supposed to bury the bar, or at least load it up for the first 3-5mins. Not what I typically think to do to a new 50cc limbing saw.

Back