Who's got a husqvarna 545?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda surprised at the two scrench +another allen wrench thing. First saw Ive had like that. Pretty accustomed to keeping a scrench. Still haven't run it. Looking forward to running it. Sucks to have to wait for some "break in wood". Supposed to bury the bar, or at least load it up for the first 3-5mins. Not what I typically think to do to a new 50cc limbing saw.
I'm not at all convinced you HAVE to do that. When I got my 562, I decided I was smarter than those guys and just felled a tree and bucked the mutha' into firewood. The saw has never missed a beat. Ever.

It's your saw and mine is mine; I just set about cuttin', and might add I was quite impressed!

Sounds like you did just about what they want. As opposed to buzzing through a handful of smaller stuff. They pretty much want you to stick it in wood and let it eat for the first 3-5 minutes.

I'm not at all convinced you HAVE to do that. When I got my 562, I decided I was smarter than those guys and just felled a tree and bucked the mutha' into firewood. The saw has never missed a beat. Ever.

It's your saw and mine is mine; I just set about cuttin', and might add I was quite impressed!

A perfect break in IMHO.

Hey........your 028 is fixed. I told Jon what you said about the spring.......and he shortened it even more. Wow.....that little bugger runs. :)

Sounds like you did just about what they want. As opposed to buzzing through a handful of smaller stuff. They pretty much want you to stick it in wood and let it eat for the first 3-5 minutes.
You don't have to unless your altitude is above 5k feet I think. Just run it.

Plan to. Just hope to make a day of it and not be pressed for time. I've always broke in 2-strokes the way I plan to use them Like someone else bought them. (Like ya stole it sounds criminal).:eek:

Plan to. Just hope to make a day of it and not be pressed for time. I've always broke in 2-strokes the way I plan to use them Like someone else bought them. (Like ya stole it sounds criminal).:eek:
Babying a chainsaw sounds criminal, too! LOL

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! :) :clap:

Look what has been updated on the USPS tracking page:
August 13, 2014 , 3:01 pm Processed Through Sort Facility AUSTRALIA

That means the sweet Jonny 2252 is only days away! Shipping was real slow this time for some reason. July 24th to August 13th. Maybe Aussie customs pulled one of their "random" parcel inspections. Who knows. I don't care cus it's now in the country and coming my way! :rock:;) Looks like being a wet start to the week next week, plus i will likely be home recovering from the treatment for my dodgy blood, when it arrives so i should get a chance to play with it.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! :) :clap:

Look what has been updated on the USPS tracking page:
August 13, 2014 , 3:01 pm Processed Through Sort Facility AUSTRALIA

That means the sweet Jonny 2252 is only days away! Shipping was real slow this time for some reason. July 24th to August 13th. Maybe Aussie customs pulled one of their "random" parcel inspections. Who knows. I don't care cus it's now in the country and coming my way! :rock:;) Looks like being a wet start to the week next week, plus i will likely be home recovering from the treatment for my dodgy blood, when it arrives so i should get a chance to play with it.
I checked the tracking this morning too. I was relieved. It did take a while. You will love it.

I checked the tracking this morning too. I was relieved. I did take a while. You will love it.

Have not had one take a full 3+ weeks for quite a while. It does happen from time to time but not often thank goodness! I won't have it for a few working days still at best. All that notification means is that it had cleared customs and it is now in the couriers hands to be delivered.

I was out cleaning up some large fallen trees today. Last week we had 60+ mph winds and then 10 inches of rain in under 36 hours. Many large snapped and broken or uprooted trees all over.
I work a lot for these people as they are getting older and have a very large property to look after. Plus many of the Acacia Decurrens and blackwood acacias are looking healthy but rotting internally or falling over as these species are known to have a limited lifespan of around 15 years. Lots of climbing and saw work for me! Rain held off today so got a bit done. I took my new 2252 along to give it a run. I put an older GB bar on with a semi chisel chain. This kind of work it is very easy to pinch the bar and potentially damage or bend it due to the varying tension and compression forces with hung up trees. Didn't want to wreck my new pro-lite that came with the saw! Also this acacia hard wood will blunt a full chisel quickly so i swapped to the semi to make things easier.

2252 performed flawlessly. I really am liking it and as i have said i can see almost bugger all difference in revs and cutting speed with my 346XP. I will have to run them side by side with same bar and chain one day.
I find the AT saws i have used, that they seem to hold their revs slightly better in the cut which results in less bogging. I found myself cutting bigger wood with the 2252 than i would usually. Normally i would have reached for my 365XT modded into a 372XP much earlier when using a 50cc saw in wood this size. (apart from my 5105's of course! ;)) This saw was a dream to use for the many entangled limbs that i had to fight through to make enough room to get near the trunk. Very nicely balanced saw. I am really liking the Jonsered handle angle too. I have no problems using it or the Husky's. I am equally comfortable with both.

I was putting the T540 through many tanks also today. I am just trying to use it as much as i can to get an honest impression of how i like it. It went really well too. Very powerful little saw for a top handle. Cuts bloody fast with the 91VXL semi chisel.
Just gets better and better, stronger and more responsive with every tank. I really miss my 338XPT though as it is more comfortable to use , for me anyway.
upload_2014-8-26_0-41-25.jpeg

2 young AT punks alongside some old school "adjustable carb" muscle.
upload_2014-8-26_0-41-36.jpeg

Grandad McCulloch got tired of waiting for these young upstarts to finish and came to show them how its done! :laugh: Yes it is very loud, doesn't rev anywhere as high and there is no AV at all and it leaves you more tired and sore from the weight, but i love this old Pro Mac 700. Brand new 20" powermatch bar and 3 new carlton semi chisels came with it. Fully working and in good condition. Best $50 i ever spent. Yeah i know i suck! :p
It may be 32 years old but i love this PM700 and the old school torque of these big Macs. It was cutting at least as fast as my 365 which is modded into a 372 would have. It just tore through this trunk.:chainsaw:
This thing has got to be the easiest starting saw ever, that i have used anyway. Rain, hail or shine even in the depths of a sub zero winter morning it will pop on second pull with the choke and fire right up first pull after that. ALWAYS. Sometimes it even pops with the first pull on the choke! No new saw i have ever had has been this easy to start let alone a 2nd hand one that is 32 years old! Short story, i accidentally left fuel in it for over 6 months and when i went to use it i flushed it out and put new fuel but was expecting problems due to my carelessness.:( Guess what? Popped on second pull with choke and fired first pull after that. Now that is impressive reliability! :)
upload_2014-8-26_0-42-6.jpeg

I've been through the whole let it eat procedure. My 2252 always ran good, but took a minute to dial in when cold starting. I then cut about 15-20 12" cookies in one go. Problem solved. Ran perfect from then on. That's all it needed. Cold starts were better from then on. They are kick ass saws. They just need to be treated the way they are meant to be treated. Load it up and run a tank through it.

By the way, if you buy one, don't sell it to some dude in Australia. He will post pictures of it to remind that you shouldn't have sold it. :D

By the way, if you buy one, don't sell it to some dude in Australia. He will post pictures of it to remind that you shouldn't have sold it. :D

Hey Cory I'll let you buy it back for the same price when i get tired of it...... In other words never. :p

Just kidding :) I'll sell it back to you for more to remind you to never sell saws you like in the first place! :laugh:

Back