Whos up for a GTG 25mi North of Louisville KY?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is beer legal up there?

This is a BYOB kinda thing but I must insist NO TOPS GET POPPED UNTIL AFTER THE DANGEROUS IMPLEMENTS GET PUT AWAY.

If you’re going to drink don’t drive if you’re going to drive… don’t drink. That’s the reason for the camping. :cheers:

It's just good sense...

Speaking of just good sense I would prefer folks to bring chaps/PPE.

THIS IS A COME AT YOUR OWN RISK GTG.... I don't want anybody calling spacemule if you cut your leg off. :laugh:

I have 20 acres in Kent that will have the logs we need. I have the truck and trailer, just no way to lift big logs. I could get some man power, just depends on how big of logs we want. If we did short logs and more of them we could just muscle them on the trailer.

I also have some down trees at home that would make good gtg logs.

Sounds like a plan, Kent is't that far from me at all.

I have acces to a bunch of Basswood that I hear makes good racing cants. I can go harvest some trees and mill them into 8X8's or 10x10's. And I do have a way of moving them:)

No wonder I can never find square trees down here you guys got'em all up north. :laugh:

Sounds good Gink square logs are always a good thing, was gonna try and mill up some pine I have here for race cants but it's pretty knotty stuff, that Basswood would be pretty welcome.

I have acces to a bunch of Basswood that I hear makes good racing cants. I can go harvest some trees and mill them into 8X8's or 10x10's. And I do have a way of moving them:)

That sounds like the better option. Just let me know Eric what works out best and/or I can help in any other way.

That sounds like the better option. Just let me know Eric what works out best and/or I can help in any other way.

I need a good play log for the big saws I've got an old Sycamore here but it's in a fencerow and I'd be little worried about it still having some fence in it. I've got another Oak I need to go look at and see what I can do with it. Just would like to have something in the 30"+ range to play on.

I need a good play log for the big saws I've got an old Sycamore here but it's in a fencerow and I'd be little worried about it still having some fence in it. I've got another Oak I need to go look at and see what I can do with it. Just would like to have something in the 30"+ range to play on.

I'll find one, that or bigger.

Last edited:
Yes, and does it have a "Hooter"s"?????

Or do you have anything close???

Amish strip clubs????

My Marathon card still works at both of those.......

I'm glad your asking the important questions!!!!

:cheers:
Mike

What's the closest town?

Scottsburg. Closest Hooters is Clarksville (20 minutes).
Do you really want to see naked Amish women Fish? They don't know what Nair or an Epilady is. I saw one once and though she had Buckwheat in a leg lock. Come to find out that wasn't the case at all.

Scottsburg. Closest Hooters is Clarksville (20 minutes).
Do you really want to see naked Amish women Fish? They don't know what Nair or an Epilady is. I saw one once and though she had Buckwheat in a leg lock. Come to find out that wasn't the case at all.

As long as Buckwheat is ..............

Well, I edited myself...............

Man you guys are showing your darker sides here.. I can't believe you would even want to look at a neked Amish lady... But then again I think Saturday is their bath day..
Gink must not be planning on driving the little gas mileage getter if he is planning on bringing logs,. LOL

Like Banshee said closest town is Scottsburg anybody who is coming just PM me for directions. Rather not just throw the particulars out in the open forum.

Have been asked about the wife and kids... bring'em!! Mine will be here, if you were ever gonna convince the wife to come to a GTG this might be the one. I live across the street from a corn maze that should be up and running by then. They have a "Family Farm" with a small petting zoo, a play area for the kiddies, and a pumpkin patch (if any grew this year :dizzy:) to get your Halloweenie punkins. Just remember that (I'm sure) the conversations around the fire could get a bit "adult" in nature after dark. I'm sure all would be respectful around the wives and kids but once the sun goes down probably best to put the kiddies to bed. ;)

I'm thinking hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch and I'll burn some chickens on the grill for dinner any and all sides, covered dishes and deserts would be welcome. :cheers:

Man you guys are showing your darker sides here.. I can't believe you would even want to look at a neked Amish lady... But then again I think Saturday is their bath day..

Saturday might be bath day but NO day involves a razor for an Amish chick.... I'll pass. :laugh:

Gink must not be planning on driving the little gas mileage getter if he is planning on bringing logs,. LOL

Eric, like 'Tater Salad says; once you've seen one woman naked,, you wanna see the rest of 'em!!!

ERICK MY MAN!!!!! what Cincinnati Suds can Andre and I bring? Any room for a little gun play? I am soooo looking forward to this!!!!!

Little over 4 hours for me, straight east on I-64. Do I need to stop and pick up anybody???

Hey, it sounds like a blast for sure, I need a road trip, if my passport comes thru, I'll be there. Will Fish be bringing his fave chicken? We don't need no manservant, but we can have his chicken then everyone else can have it broiled or shaked and baked. I got a few fast saws and a couple racing chains.
Does Johnny Prine live close by?
Gypo

I might be up for it, depends on what schedule they've got me on. They're talking night shift for 2 months starting next week. :cry:

Ian

Back