Why Aren't You Guys staying on Topic?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rob, the wood is for heating my place.
I had to take the Kubota off Doug's hands, cause he couldnt afford to carry the payments.
John

John how was it felling that cherry tree with all that but rot must have been difficult settin' up a hinge ??Cherry is very good heating wood and it smells great also you don't see to much of it here in NH though..Kubotas are a very good tractor I used to use a buddies M5950DT that thing was sweet..Keep on loggin'

Later Rob..

re: John's "blocker3.jpg" - <i>that's</i> what I was referring to a while back when I mentioned a "blooming onion".&nbsp; I like how the snaggle tooth settled down to a nice steady pace in the plunge at 10 o'clock on the round to the right.

I want some of what John is on in the blocker4 pic. Poor guy must of whacked himself in the jaw with the maul... Rick/Creep

EMT conduit.

I'd seen the bundles laying there, but hadn't made the connection with the bars in the openings, which I'd thought was corrugated sheets (and wondered why <tt>:</tt>).

Nice looking workmanship.&nbsp; There's certainly nothing wrong with that type of work, even if it's <i>not</i> as fun as beating the bush.&nbsp; In fact, it's a close second IMO.

Glen

Well thats funny maybe I own the only one ever produces because I bought it right from the dealer in March of 2002 maybe it's a leftover 2001 I don't really care because I just ride it and have fun.

Whatever Ben all I know is I have one and thats all I care about I don't personally care what you think I'm sorry.Let me guess they did'nt make one in '00,'99,'98 etc..etc.. right I think I know what I have I'm not as much of a idiot as you seem to think I'am.

Who wants to check out my brand new 2003 Edsel? No wait... maybe it's a 1947, but it's fun to drive anyway.

For sale: 2003 Stihl Contra. Brand new, still in the box with warranty papers.

right on topic

seeing as how we are staying on topic, heres some of my saws. Oh yeah, in front is my Ski-Doo Mach Z, 800 cc, triple cylinder, triple tuned exhaust, about 1/2 studded out. Clocked out at 126 MPH on the ice last weekend. When you grip it, you better hang on as the skis do not come down to earth until you let go.

Ben...yep them Blair Morgan Revs are sweet...I rode one on the weekend..although it was only a 440...
Did you see the Canadian boy (BM) take his 3rd consecutive gold yesterday in Snowcross?? Wicked race!!
Figured out why our triple 800, pipes, Legend heads, burnt up a piston on the weekend.....25 thou squish could have something to do with it...glad I wasn't responsible for building that one...
Working on the 600 again today...just found out they want to race it this weekend....:rolleyes:

Oh yeah...I do actually have that hood ornament you are looking for...on my dads 1973 F250....lol...

That cherry log Gypo's cutting up for firewood makes me want to sob...I'd get enough lumber out of that (with a chainsaw!) to build something pretty interesting. The spalting and discolored wood just adds interest to the finished product.

I have the biggest black cherry log I've ever seen here in beautiful, balmy, subtropical Mn, sitting waiting to get sliced up. It is 11 1/2" at the little end, 9'long. I plan to square it up with the chainsaw, and take slices inside on the band saw.

Stihlmagnum: I believe you about the KTM. I was into observed trials for a while back in the '70's, owned a Yamaha, then got a Montesa...no Montesa, Bultaco or Ossa dealers for a day's drive, so I bought it over the phone. New (to me) in 1977, titled in NY as 1976...later, needing a few parts, found MFG date was 1973.

Dealer's point of view: "hey, it's new, the 90 day warranty starts the day you picked it up, and they haven't changed anything in 5 years anyway...what's the beef?"

weekend.....25 thou squish could have something to do with it...glad I wasn't responsible for building that one...
A little tight, eh?

Stihlmagnum: I believe you about the KTM. I was into observed trials for a while back in the '70's, owned a Yamaha, then got a Montesa...no Montesa, Bultaco or Ossa dealers for a day's drive, so I bought it over the phone. New (to me) in 1977, titled in NY as 1976...later, needing a few parts, found MFG date was 1973.
Eyeolf, This kind of crap doesnt fly anymore. In my state bikes must be titled. Add to that the fact the anyone who would buy a specialized/limited build bike like a ATK would sure as heck know what that the bike was discontinued 6 years ago.

Johnny 5,
I used to have a '97 Mach Z just like yours. Went like stink in a straight line, but the minute you'd try to turn it, watch out. The SC-10 skid was new in '97 and with it's 10" of non-coupled travel (vs. the 7" of the '96 C7), made the F2000 chassis real tippy in the twisties. Nice sled for the drags, however. Must have had considerable mods on yours to run 126. Mine was stock and the best I ever radared was 118.

Back