why husky saws are cheaper than stihl? an honest question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my humble opinion ..Husqvarna saws are cheaper slightly debatable ....... but oem parts for repairs are available anywhere on line for Husqvarna , difference stihl parts are harder to find are also WAY more expensive (mostly at the dealer just like the saws) ...

i like both but ...this fact remains....

this will start a ****-storm ..but it will be interesting to see ....what saws are (stihl) around (with less repairs) used by the pro's day in and day out ..the...light weight ms261c -462 or the ....550xp mark II -572xp heavier better built saws down the road a bit.... :oops:... :yes:

In responding to the question from the original post.
Stihl dealers are not allowed to cut deals of saws, if you're lucky they may knock off a few % and say the saw is a demo.

Husqvarna dealers can sell a saw for pretty much what ever they want to. Husqvarna also allows online sales where Stihl doesn't.
In comparing apples to apples, there's a huge price difference between magnesium crankcase and plastic crankcase saws. Displacement isn't the proper way to compare saws.
(I know of no 70+ cc saws with a plastic crankcase) Some saws also have aluminum instead of magnesium cases, which cost less.
I've owned the professional saws that both manufacturers have to offer.
I also repair all of my own equipment, and have never had a dealer preform any service except a scan/update on computer controlled saws, and I run Husqvarnas.
I also drive Chrysler products, because G.M. and Ford are no good!!! (here we go)
Try them all, and use what YOU like best.

In responding to the question from the original post.
Stihl dealers are not allowed to cut deals of saws, if you're lucky they may knock off a few % and say the saw is a demo.

Husqvarna dealers can sell a saw for pretty much what ever they want to. Husqvarna also allows online sales where Stihl doesn't.
In comparing apples to apples, there's a huge price difference between magnesium crankcase and plastic crankcase saws. Displacement isn't the proper way to compare saws.
(I know of no 70+ cc saws with a plastic crankcase) Some saws also have aluminum instead of magnesium cases, which cost less.
I've owned the professional saws that both manufacturers have to offer.
I also repair all of my own equipment, and have never had a dealer preform any service except a scan/update on computer controlled saws, and I run Husqvarnas.
I also drive Chrysler products, because G.M. and Ford are no good!!! (here we go)
Try them all, and use what YOU like best.
Gm sucks, Chrysler is still on life support thanks to cummins engines, and fiat.... Ford for the win ;)I like husqy and stihls about the same, great when they run...

Must be a difference in Canada?
e3a67a98038fb55fa9c9e946052d3862.png

ad409133cd03cd0aabf90dbef0628bea.png

0baba57b1d8024bf7ab9400ef1185f57.png

3c11f819ad334273a1fea0b073265f96.png

H-word. STIHL used to make washing machines!

View attachment 868239

( So did Husqvarna, along with sewing machines, muskets, . . .).

Philbert
I am not a husky fanboy but I have a motorcycle, sewing machine,and a rifle made by Husqvarna plus about 100 saws and brush saws

just got back from shop, ms462 was nice but not 1100 nice. 372 was well a 372. the 572xp felt very stout n well built, felt better in hand than the 372. really contaplating it, the auto tune has me gun shy though..
If I could handle a big saw, a 572 would be top of my list, as you say the build is tough,
reports are very encouraging too from users. The Stihl 462 is a nice saw, it’s light weight
would not put me off, It would earn its keep and pay for itself in the woods, thus would still
be a viable option for lots of users,
I just think Husqvarna has a hard wearing saw in the 572, and it’s cheaper.
Good dealer is very important with these newer saws, someone who knows
how to read and interpret the data when any issues arise is vital.

local dealer sells both and its a great dealer.. just always had stihls. my grandfather loved his huskys and before them he ran and hated homelites.. when he was logging back in the 60s and 70s if a homelite gave him issues, he would put it in a crotch of a tree and leave it.. for good

local dealer sells both and its a great dealer.. just always had stihls. my grandfather loved his huskys and before them he ran and hated homelites.. when he was logging back in the 60s and 70s if a homelite gave him issues, he would put it in a crotch of a tree and leave it.. for good

Back