Wife has good taste, Echo CS-620P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us know how you like your new saw. They are definitely a lightweight 50cc saw.

Like I said, sending it off in January so I don't want to get it dirty. I did have some questions about a couple of things though: The compression, new out of the box and cold was 150. I did throw the bar and chain on long enough today to answer the question of how lean it was set from the factory. It wasn't lean at all. Factory specs are 11,500-12,500 and it was right on 11,500. A lot of the posts talk about how lean Echo's are from the factory but I haven't experienced that.

One thing I will say is it is LIGHT & COMPACT. I believe the handling will be awesome...we will see.

BTW: Our elevation is 2,800 ft.

Come on @Big Block, you know Husky plastic is better than Echo plastic...hahahaha. @SawTroll is just trying to get back at me because I call him out on his BS. Still waiting for him to provide proof on this statement about the 620p:

"Yes, the plastic tank assembly does break on those saws, where the handlebar attaches to the front part of it - and I am not surprised at all."

Of course his proof is: [I saw it on another site...but I can't post the link]. His Echo jealousy has been exposed...and it really pisses him off:).

Ya notice he won't respond to me when I call him on instigating, bashing, baiting etc.:confused::rolleyes:

Are you going to port it too?

I might but I think I want to see what it will do with a MM and tab delete. If it responds as well as some of the other Echo's, I'll probably leave it alone. With the redesigned top end, it would be fun to see what it is capable of ported though.

Are you going to port it too?

Changed my mind on only running it with a MM and tune. This was my response from Reed's Echo thread:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was planning on running it with just a MM and tune but have now changed my mind. The 800p is so new, there isn't much info out there on it. Yes, it's a revised cs8000 but it appears Echo has re-designed the top end. Reports on the 8000 are typical of Echo: TORQUEY, and will run close to the 90cc's with basic mods. The 800p should only be better.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to get any time on the saw since it now has an appointment in March
:). I decided on getting it ported after doing what little research I could. Now don't hold me to this because, as of now, it's all speculation but...I think the 800p may very well have a chance of performing above the level of a stock 661 or 390xp. At least that's my hope...if it doesn't turn out that way, oh well, nothing lost. I will still have a saw capable of taking care of the big stuff when it comes along.

Interesting, when looking at:

cs800p: PHO: 16 lb, 8 oz. Fuel: 28.9 oz. Oil: 14.1 oz. TTL: 19.18 MSRP: $829.99

390xp: PHO: 16 lb, 6.8 oz. Fuel: 30.43 oz. Oil: 16.91 TTL: 19.38 MSRP: $1,120.00

ms661: PHO: 16 lb, 11.2 oz. Fuel: 27.9 oz. Oil: 12.2 TTL: 19.20 MSRP: $1,289.95

I'm sure I will get flamed for even mentioning the 800p in the same sentence as the 390xp and 661. But, the truth is (to my knowledge), no one really knows. The 800p is new and hasn't been looked at in this way. Like I said, if it doesn't work out like I think it might, nothing lost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, early...cs500p, should be here today. Came from your neck of the woods: Dickens Turf and Landscape.

You are going to love it if you like it as much as I did! More bananas will make it mor betta! Mine responded well to pulling that dumb little pipe out of the muffler and a simple H side tweak.

I'm kicking myself in the ass for selling it! For now I will have to be happy with the Dolmar 7910, Echo cs620p, and Stihl ms 241cm three saw plan.

Changed my mind on only running it with a MM and tune. This was my response from Reed's Echo thread:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was planning on running it with just a MM and tune but have now changed my mind. The 800p is so new, there isn't much info out there on it. Yes, it's a revised cs8000 but it appears Echo has re-designed the top end. Reports on the 8000 are typical of Echo: TORQUEY, and will run close to the 90cc's with basic mods. The 800p should only be better.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to get any time on the saw since it now has an appointment in March
:). I decided on getting it ported after doing what little research I could. Now don't hold me to this because, as of now, it's all speculation but...I think the 800p may very well have a chance of performing above the level of a stock 661 or 390xp. At least that's my hope...if it doesn't turn out that way, oh well, nothing lost. I will still have a saw capable of taking care of the big stuff when it comes along.

Interesting, when looking at:

cs800p: PHO: 16 lb, 8 oz. Fuel: 28.9 oz. Oil: 14.1 oz. TTL: 19.18 MSRP: $829.99

390xp: PHO: 16 lb, 6.8 oz. Fuel: 30.43 oz. Oil: 16.91 TTL: 19.38 MSRP: $1,120.00

ms661: PHO: 16 lb, 11.2 oz. Fuel: 27.9 oz. Oil: 12.2 TTL: 19.20 MSRP: $1,289.95

I'm sure I will get flamed for even mentioning the 800p in the same sentence as the 390xp and 661. But, the truth is (to my knowledge), no one really knows. The 800p is new and hasn't been looked at in this way. Like I said, if it doesn't work out like I think it might, nothing lost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That also makes the Echo CS800p about $250 less expensive than a Stihl MS461, although it may weigh a tad more. I just may go shopping for one of these.

Are you saying that the Echo CS 620 does not have a Cat. Converter in the muffler? The wife just bought me for brushing a Echo CS 590 . It has a cat converter in muffler. Same engine in a CS 620 but with a Walbro HAD 316 carb. The 590 has a Walbro HDA 268 carb with a Venturi size of .595 and Throttle bore of .749. The HDA 316 has a Venturi of .625 and throttle bore the same .749. The smaller venturi size of the HDA 268 does not flow as much as the HDA 316. So put on a and no converter in muffler or a muffler mod. . And now you make more power. It should wake it up. So what model does not have the cat converter that will bolt to the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back