Will E15 gas replace E10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well E10 will clog up the carbs and swell up the gas lines here in VA. and that is a fact. If it sets for 6 months in a mower you have trouble!
I guess we just have shi$$y gas here

Well E10 will clog up the carbs and swell up the gas lines here in VA. and that is a fact. If it sets for 6 months in a mower you have trouble!
I guess we just have shi$$y gas here
Ethanol can cause a “barrier” that prevents the mix-oil from coating metal surfaces ... using full synthetic mix oil can combat this to a degree .. it can also corrode or dissolve many components in your saw if left in the system ....also it’s been proven that ethanol causes the saw to run hotter and produces LESS power than non-ethanol fuel ... Imho Canned fuel (I prefer motomix) or if doing enough sawing where you burn 2 gallons or more in one cutting session - 91 non-ethanol fuel with your favorite synthetic mix oil at 50:1 ...

I’ve heard all the horror stories about E10. I have a Husqvarna 455 that’s has consumed over 400 gallons of E10 in the last 10 years. Zero problems.

Funny how some never had an issue with "10%" ethanol fuel. For me it's caused an ass ache several times a year. I'll let any number of my 10 or so 2-cycle tools sit and starting them usually needs a carb rebuild and/or fuel lines. It's gotten MUCH BETTER since I started using non ethanol AND draining and running out the fuel.
Ive used amsoil Saber too btw so?
Removing ethanol by adding and then draining off water greatly decreased the octane doesn't it?
IME E10 destroys rubber and other fuel lines period.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I recently fired up a ms361 that sat for 5 or so years with a tank full of E10 in an unheated shop. It started fine

73133f75630c985392f6e4cd6e5208db.gif

Fuel-line(s)for husky 455
Left picture ... Ethanol - fuel ... saw wouldn’t rev out ... I.D. Of line had shrunk due to ethanol in fuel and could not supply enough fuel at high-idle ... Right picture new line ... Replaced line and do not use ethanol in saws - No problems ... for those of you that wish to keep using “corn-gas” knock yourself out !

Fuel-line(s)for husky 455
Left picture ... Ethanol - fuel ... saw wouldn’t rev out ... I.D. Of line had shrunk due to ethanol in fuel and could not supply enough fuel at high-idle ... Right picture new line ... Replaced line and do not use ethanol in saws - No problems ... for those of you that wish to keep using “corn-gas” knock yourself out !

Why would I stop using something that has never caused any problems in any of my outdoor power equipment?

To the question in post 1, Ford pick up that say flex fuel can use e85. That is the standard v6 and optional 5.0v8. Ecoboost 10% ethanol max. At least in 2012, probably still.

So I have had the F150 6 years and only went by an E85 pump once. Have to wonder how rare this E15 will be

Funny how some never had an issue with "10%" ethanol fuel. For me it's caused an ass ache several times a year. I'll let any number of my 10 or so 2-cycle tools sit and starting them usually needs a carb rebuild and/or fuel lines. It's gotten MUCH BETTER since I started using non ethanol AND draining and running out the fuel.
Ive used amsoil Saber too btw so?
Removing ethanol by adding and then draining off water greatly decreased the octane doesn't it?
IME E10 destroys rubber and other fuel lines period.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

if you remove the ethanol from pump gas, you get a lower octane fuel. So I would never do that. Its too bad they dont just offer both E0 and E10 at the gas station for the same price. See how long E10 stays around. pure-gas.org

Ethanol served a purpose back when most cars and trucks has carbs or primitive fuel injection and ran rich. Modern vehicles run as lean as possible. Fuel that requires more oxygen does not make them run any cleaner. Ethanol in fuel is just a way to steal money from the citizens and give it to corporate ag and ethanol producers.

If you have a carb saw with limiters it may not be able to run E15 safely. The two saws with limiters that I have owned were at the stop to be tuned properly on E10. E15 would require a slightly richer adjustment which would not legally be possible. Many people here remove the limiters and know how to tune carbs,. For us E15 will not be a problem for those saws. For most people it would be.

I don't know if Mtronic saws can tune rich enough for E15. You'd hope so.

E15 is not allowed per the manuals for my car, truck and street motorcycle. That's going to be a problem.
Actually you are a bit off. Ethonol wasn't even a thing when cars had carbs, least not in this country

Ethonol in itself isn't so horrible, it's the fact that they add a bunch of crap to get the octane back down. Octane, for those that don't know, is more of way to label how hot or cold the fuel will burn, not its potential energy per kernal of fuel. Ethonol has a real high octane in its pure form and most engines aren't meant to run on that octane. So they add impurities to lower the octane, and those have little or now kernal value. So the fact is you put out less power on Ethonol infused gas in the states then you will with pure gas. Which also means you burn more fuel, something the EPA likes to leave out. About 1 to 2 mpg more in vehicles, so between the making of the fuel and the inefficiency of using it, it's not helping anything.

I do say. I have a dolmar 5100 that has been sitting even longer with a tank of e10. One of these days I will haft to fire that little chili pepper up. I use to do the drain and run dry Opie thing religiously. One winter I forgot to drain a fs250. Come spring, I just about panicked thinking it would be the end of days for the trimmer. I opened the tank and expected to see phase separation, a gallon of water and orange juice jones pour out. Nope. The fuel I poured out looked and smelled better than the fuel I put back in. I said to myself “self, you got rocks in your head draining and running dry all this crap” so I stopped doing it and I have not had a single problem. All these chowder heads going to airports, making a special trip for E0 or using caned fuel. All your doing is putting good folding money in someone else’s pocket because you believe the lie. Nothing wrong with e10 and life is too short to worry about fuel.

I've seen first-hand what ethanol-laced fuel does on boats.

It's not a fantasy or a rumor or an urban myth.

All your doing is putting good folding money in someone else’s pocket because you believe the lie.

So...you think the thousands of people who have had to rebuild their carbs after using ethanol fuel are all lying? Are the ABYC and NMMA lying, too?

WTF would anyone "lie" about it? What would be their motive for lying? What, do you think there's some vast Russian conspiracy against ethanol?
dizzy.gif

Yup, ethanol can attack certain resins. Most of the initial problems in boats were ones with fiberglass fuel tanks. If your boat has aluminum tanks, like mine, they did just fine on e10.

The lie is that e10 is pure evil and will destroy the world of Opie as we know it so you need to avoid it all costs. Seems to me that a lot of companies are trying to profit off this belief and a lot of folks are all too happy to go along with it. Now you can believe whatever you want. I will go with what I have personally experienced. So please tell me, were carb kits and fuel line never sold before the introduction of e10??

Latest posts

Back