Will E15 gas replace E10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's not forget about storage location: an attached garage with insulation is not equal to an uninsulated shed in the case of chainsaws, or if we're talking about tractors, outside in the weather. That makes a big difference.

Yah ... Fuel quality and ethanol content vary across the country ... just because YOU haven’t experienced any problems with it does not mean others in different areas have not ... STIHL introduced motomix back in 2011 as they were concerned about fuel quality in different countries ... there is /was no conspiracy to “rip off the consumer” rather STIHL was concerned about failure due to poor fuel ... do you really believe the gas you get today is as good as what you got in the 70’s ? Why anyone would run ethanol-fuel in a $1000 chainsaw is beyond me especially when viable alternatives exist !

Reading comprehension is the ability to process text, understand its meaning, and to integrate it with what the reader already knows.[1][2]Fundamental skills required in efficient reading comprehension are knowing meaning of words, ability to understand meaning of a word from discourse context, ability to follow organization of passage and to identify antecedents and references in it, ability to draw inferences from a passage about its contents, ability to identify the main thought of a passage, ability to answer questions answered in a passage, ability to recognize the literary devices or propositional structures used in a passage and determine its tone, to understand the situational mood (agents, objects, temporal and spatial reference points, casual and intentional inflections, etc.) conveyed for assertions, questioning, commanding, refraining etc. and finally ability to determine writer's purpose, intent and point of view, and draw inferences about the writer (discourse-semantics).

What do you pay for premix fuel in your area?
How much will it actually increase the life of your saw? Have you ever done a legitimate cost/benifits analysis on using it? The numbers don’t lie. Since I’ve never had any issues with e10 there is no way I can justify using premix in my equipment. Even if it cut the life in half on a $1000 saw it would still be cheaper to use e10. My last 3120 consumed about 3900 gallons of fuel before it died, so the math shows even if poor fuel cut that life in half I would have still saved about $9000 in operating cost or 5-1/2 new saws.

Reading comprehension is the ability to process text, understand its meaning, and to integrate it with what the reader already knows.[1][2]Fundamental skills required in efficient reading comprehension are knowing meaning of words, ability to understand meaning of a word from discourse context, ability to follow organization of passage and to identify antecedents and references in it, ability to draw inferences from a passage about its contents, ability to identify the main thought of a passage, ability to answer questions answered in a passage, ability to recognize the literary devices or propositional structures used in a passage and determine its tone, to understand the situational mood (agents, objects, temporal and spatial reference points, casual and intentional inflections, etc.) conveyed for assertions, questioning, commanding, refraining etc. and finally ability to determine writer's purpose, intent and point of view, and draw inferences about the writer (discourse-semantics).

What do you pay for premix fuel in your area?
How much will it actually increase the life of your saw? Have you ever done a legitimate cost/benifits analysis on using it? The numbers don’t lie. Since I’ve never had any issues with e10 there is no way I can justify using premix in my equipment. Even if it cut the life in half on a $1000 saw it would still be cheaper to use e10. My last 3120 consumed about 3900 gallons of fuel before it died, so the math shows even if poor fuel cut that life in half I would have still saved about $9000 in operating cost or 5-1/2 new saws.
It seems that you will continue to argue that you are correct regardless of the facts presented - not only by yours truly but several others on this thread ... this choice ; of course ; is entirely your prerogative ..... if you believe that running ethanol (e10) mixed fuel is “cheaper”than running non-ethanol 91 octane mixed fuel then knock yourself out !

. do you really believe the gas you get today is as good as what you got in the 70’s ?

Hell no but the gas I HAVE is way better [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gas;Grass ... or Ass ... nobody rides for free !!!

It seems that you will continue to argue that you are correct regardless of the facts presented - not only by yours truly but several others on this thread ... this choice ; of course ; is entirely your prerogative ..... if you believe that running ethanol (e10) mixed fuel is “cheaper”than running non-ethanol 91 octane mixed fuel then knock yourself out ![/
It seems that you will continue to argue that you are correct regardless of the facts presented - not only by yours truly but several others on this thread ... this choice ; of course ; is entirely your prerogative ..... if you believe that running ethanol (e10) mixed fuel is “cheaper”than running non-ethanol 91 octane mixed fuel then knock yourself out !

It seems you will ignore all facts I present. You clearly don’t understand anything about business accounting or being profitable. You ignore legitimate points that don’t support your point of view. What do you do for a living? Have you ever ran a successful business? I have since 1986, and I clearly understand cost vs benefit. I never said anyone that stated they had trouble with e10 was wrong, I only stated I hadn’t nor does anyone I know in my area. That’s a fact you clearly ignored in your rush to argue that you were right and I’m wrong. If you like paying $10 for a gallon of fuel then by all means keep buying it.

Damn! for what that stuff costs I might as well have my tree work done by a professional :)

It seems you will ignore all facts I present. You clearly don’t understand anything about business accounting or being profitable. You ignore legitimate points that don’t support your point of view. What do you do for a living? Have you ever ran a successful business? I have since 1986, and I clearly understand cost vs benefit. I never said anyone that stated they had trouble with e10 was wrong, I only stated I hadn’t nor does anyone I know in my area. That’s a fact you clearly ignored in your rush to argue that you were right and I’m wrong. If you like paying $10 for a gallon of fuel then by all means keep buying it.

Who talked about paying $10.00 a gallon for fuel? Just wondering.

Really ? Business accounting or being profitable? Running a successful business ? Cost vs benefit analysis ? Tell ya what ... I’m wise enough to know better my friend ! Good luck to you in the future ... peace out ✌️

Damn! for what that stuff costs I might as well have my tree work done by a professional :)

Who talked about paying $10.00 a gallon for fuel? Just wondering.
VP ain’t cheep ... but it’s 94 octane and ethanol free ! And nobody sez you need to run “pre-mix”

You are wasting you time. They are not going to believe you and they don’t want to believe you. They have no experience running e10 and believe every lie told to them over the internet right down to efree pumps that don’t exist.

Another example of the horrors of e10 mix. Started the big redmax blower to do leaves last weekend. Has not been run since first week of May this year. Sat all summer in the heat and humidity with a tank of e10 50:1 stihl ultra. Started right up, no fuss, no muss. Ran out of fuel (common, as this thing drinks fuel) so I refilled with a tank of e10 50:1 smurf juice (amsoil saber) that was mixed 3 years ago (yes, I date my fuel) and had been sitting on the cement floor of an unheated garage. Ran fine. No phase separation, no water, no hastle, no nothing. Still waiting on the big boom.

My last 3120 consumed about 3900 gallons of fuel before it died, so the math shows even if poor fuel cut that life in half I would have still saved about $9000 in operating cost or 5-1/2 new saws.[/QUOTE]
3900 gallons of mix ? If you were burning 1 gal/hr then your saw lasted 3900 hrs ?

My last 3120 consumed about 3900 gallons of fuel before it died, so the math shows even if poor fuel cut that life in half I would have still saved about $9000 in operating cost or 5-1/2 new saws.
3900 gallons of mix ? If you were burning 1 gal/hr then your saw lasted 3900 hrs ?[/QUOTE]
It’s closer to 40 minutes of full throttle sawing per gallon. It was not new when I bought it.

3900 gallons of mix ? If you were burning 1 gal/hr then your saw lasted 3900 hrs ?
It’s closer to 40 minutes of full throttle sawing per gallon. It was not new when I bought it.[/QUOTE]
3900 x .66 = 2574 hrs ! That’s unbelievable

3900 x .66 = 2574 hrs ! That’s unbelievable

What’s unbelievable[/QUOTE]
That the saw (not new when you bought it) ran for 2574 hrs ! How many rebuild(s) ie piston ; rings ; cylinder ; crank and bearings did you go though during this run ?

What’s unbelievable
That the saw (not new when you bought it) ran for 2574 hrs ! How many rebuild(s) ie piston ; rings ; cylinder ; crank and bearings did you go though during this run ?[/QUOTE]

I thought you were “wise enough to know better” so you took a pass when confronted with business facts and now you have the audacity to call me a liar? Do you even own a chainsaw? Looking at all your posts on the other sites it would seem you just sit home in moms basement posting rubish all day so I guess you don’t realize a full time job is 2000 hours a year, which can easily put 1700 hours on a saw. Are you actually going to say a prograde saw won’t last 18 months with pro grade use? That’s hilarious. You’ve clearly never owned a real saw.

That the saw (not new when you bought it) ran for 2574 hrs ! How many rebuild(s) ie piston ; rings ; cylinder ; crank and bearings did you go though during this run ?

I thought you were “wise enough to know better” so you took a pass when confronted with business facts and now you have the audacity to call me a liar? Do you even own a chainsaw? Looking at all your posts on the other sites it would seem you just sit home in moms basement posting rubish all day so I guess you don’t realize a full time job is 2000 hours a year, which can easily put 1700 hours on a saw. Are you actually going to say a prograde saw won’t last 18 months with pro grade use? That’s hilarious. You’ve clearly never owned a real saw.[/QUOTE]
You were asked a simple question ... answer ... or do not

I thought you were “wise enough to know better” so you took a pass when confronted with business facts and now you have the audacity to call me a liar? Do you even own a chainsaw? Looking at all your posts on the other sites it would seem you just sit home in moms basement posting rubish all day so I guess you don’t realize a full time job is 2000 hours a year, which can easily put 1700 hours on a saw. Are you actually going to say a prograde saw won’t last 18 months with pro grade use? That’s hilarious. You’ve clearly never owned a real saw.
You were asked a simple question ... answer ... or do not[/QUOTE]
I’m still waiting for an answer to all the questions I ask you

Haha ... narcissistic personality disorder brought a knife to a gunfight ! Later dude

Back