Wrong Mix Ration of Gas/Oil for 2-cycle engine - New Craftsman Chain Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want 50 to 1, just put 100mls in a 5 litre container and fill it up with petrol.

Im not sure weighing oil (ounce is a weight I think? I'm not across the historic obsolete units...) makes sense when you can just measure it...

If you want 50 to 1, just put 100mls in a 5 litre container and fill it up with petrol.

Im not sure weighing oil (ounce is a weight I think? I'm not across the historic obsolete units...) makes sense when you can just measure it...
Can be a weight or volume. Here were going off of volume....

This is easy to remember for small jobs

Attachments

• image_2023-02-23_122919211.png
    image_2023-02-23_122919211.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 0
Sorry - you have the same name for two different things…? How does that work…?

Have you considered joining the rest of the world in metric, because that sounds pretty whack…

There's two types of countries in the world. Those who use the metric system, and those who have put a man on the moon.

We like our hard to use, hard to understand, and hard to convert units quite well, thank you. SI units are way too easy for us.

Sorry - you have the same name for two different things…? How does that work…?

Have you considered joining the rest of the world in metric, because that sounds pretty whack…
You can do ratios by weight or volume. Doesn't matter if it's metric or imperial. And no, I wouldn't want to go to an Inferior measuring system.

There's two types of countries in the world. Those who use the metric system, and those who have put a man on the moon.

We like our hard to use, hard to understand, and hard to convert units quite well, thank you. SI units are way too easy for us.
Lol, that old one. JPL use metric. So do you actually - all those whacky units are officially defined in metric ;)

Apollo guidance computers were programmed in SI btw.

You can do ratios by weight or volume. Doesn't matter if it's metric or imperial. And no, I wouldn't want to go to an Inferior measuring system.
Only if you know the relative densities of petrol and oil.

But you call two different things an ounce…? Yeah, that sounds totes superior…

Is there a relationship between the mass ounce and volume one…?

Only if you know the relative densities of petrol and oil.

But you call two different things an ounce…? Yeah, that sounds totes superior…

Is there a relationship between the mass ounce and volume one…?
So other then to be a troll was there any point to your post?

Lol, that old one. JPL use metric. So do you actually - all those whacky units are officially defined in metric ;)

Apollo guidance computers were programmed in SI btw.
Sure. Next you're going to tell me that 1000 cubic centimeters is equal to a liter which is equal to a kilogram of water. How can distance be equal to volume be equal to weight? What the hell kind of voodoo system is that? You keep your witchcraft to yourself mister!

Latest posts

Back