Ya gotta love a good oil thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jughead, How much Marvel oil do you add?

I use Marvel oil in everything except 2cycles, I've been temped to add a bit in my chainsaw mix.

I've read that marvel oil was used in WWII fighter planes. I've run it in engines that were gunked by old fuel, and had it clean the carb and what else after a couple hours.

When I was a mechanic at a cosmetic plant, added caster oil to the gas, there were barrels of it, in my car, got the smell like at the race track, never drew an opinion that it helped or not.

OK, so one mention of Opti-2, and no follow up comments.
Hmmm.
I've been using Opti-2 for 15 years and have had no problems with worms or long relationships.

Reminds me of an oil thread on the IH Cub Cadet forum years ago. Guy wanted to know what kind of oil to put in his rear. Some folks just beg for it, than act all surprised when they get it.

I am one of those crazy guys with the 2 stroke 1/5 scale RC cars. I built a couple but there were too expensive and it was tough to find a place to run them. With a tuned pipe we were pulling 4.5-5 hp out of 32 cc zenoah motors. I have been running echo power blend in my saws....but I ran motul 800t and maxima 927 castor in the Baja's. It has been mentioned in this thread that motul 800t was so good that the rings never seated into the cylinders. The maxima 927 castor is a good comprimse. I am also running 89 octane ethanol free gas in all my stuff.

Here are some pics of the Baja....think 3 foot long 40 pound rc car pushing 4-5 horse with to speeds of 40+ MPH with a 32cc two stroke engine. And you thought CAD was a serious illness.

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

Everything I own gets 100LL avgas mixed 50:1 with stihl ultra synthetic. The avgas has a shelf life of over year and no ethanol plus its available 5 min from my house.

5 gallons on 91 Non-E, 50:1 Stihl 5 gallon mix, Poulan Chain oil. 7$ a gallon.

Our Non-E goes pretty fast out here. Most the fella that dump trees that I know all use it.

Quakerstate or Shell 50 to 1. Looking for something with less carbon build up .

Motul 710 or better. You'll be amazed at how little carbon build up there is :)

Most Euro EGD rated oils will do well on carbon not building up including Stihl Ultra. In the USA, it's 2T-TC rated for air cooled two strokes. As long as it's rated, we have some idea what it will do. Even Lucas has rated oils. Amsoil - not so much :(

Want real bio-degradable oil - G Oil is the deal. Some gov't jobs in sensitive habitat country now require G Oil for both mix and bar. They make oils for each. And they are rated and they are very good lubricants.

I am one of those crazy guys with the 2 stroke 1/5 scale RC cars. I built a couple but there were too expensive and it was tough to find a place to run them. With a tuned pipe we were pulling 4.5-5 hp out of 32 cc zenoah motors. I have been running echo power blend in my saws....but I ran motul 800t and maxima 927 castor in the Baja's. It has been mentioned in this thread that motul 800t was so good that the rings never seated into the cylinders. The maxima 927 castor is a good comprimse. I am also running 89 octane ethanol free gas in all my stuff.

Here are some pics of the Baja....think 3 foot long 40 pound rc car pushing 4-5 horse with to speeds of 40+ MPH with a 32cc two stroke engine. And you thought CAD was a serious illness.

IMAG0116.jpg

So where's the parachute?? :rock:

IMAG0112.jpg

A buddy of mine has a four wheel drive version not like yours but they flat out haul. His had a two speed auto transmission that when it shifted it sounded like a car would at speed. I would call it way to fast to control for the average person and you for sure need some space to run them. Very cool and quite spendy.

A buddy of mine has a four wheel drive version not like yours but they flat out haul. His had a two speed auto transmission that when it shifted it sounded like a car would at speed. I would call it way to fast to control for the average person and you for sure need some space to run them. Very cool and quite spendy.
Most likely something similar to one that I own. Traxxas 3.3, or something along those lines ring a bell, perhaps?

Ya, the two speed auto even has adjustable shift points. I didn't realize quite how "involved" these little Nitromethane burners are until I bought one. Definitely not a toy for a small child, and one can easily spend all day playing around with carb adjustments, suspension settings, etc., but they do fly, oh yes they do!

Back