Whats your profession, and why do you need your saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it very interesting knowing who's who here!

All walks too....

It's been a good thread. just shows you that we can all get along and after we give someone our suggestion, then the rest is all bullsh!t :rock:

Police officer for 8 years now. Before i worked as a gardener where i got my first Stihl. Before, i always helped my father with cutting firewood and taking down some trees on the property of friends.

Now i got some land where i can cut my own firewood because i heat my house with wood. The forrester marks the trees and i cut them down and haul them out with my Land Rover.

In my holidays i go to France, the Morvanne, where my friend , worked with him some years at the police, got a piece of land that provides him with firewood. Also his garden needs a lot of work, for a free holiday willling to do that!

Now i am in a position that i can work less at the police, 30 hours a week. i work some time full time and then i take some weeks of and go to France. Over there i met a Dutch couple who got a castle with 14 hectares of forrest what needs clearing and maintance. Now i am clearing a path for quad riding.
All the wood that comes out must be sawn and split for firewood because the whole castle is heated with wood.

This for free stay with food and everthing, travelling is payd for and i got a nice bonus when i leave.

So this is why i need my saws, got to many of 'm but what the heck!

This is my live right now, and i love it!!!!!!!!:chainsawguy: :rockn:

I needs me saws cause I needs to cuts me downs some trees!

They just keep getting in my way!

My latest project..

attachment.php

Where is the arborist here? Four years arborist and other eight years logger.

I've watched some arborist vids on youtube and you guys are %^&$* amazing!!! Some serious scary sh** you get up too. I'm afraid of heights so I just prefer cutting on the ground :greenchainsaw:

Whats your profession, and why do you need your chain Saw

With a name like ArborSite.com some I thought their would be More Arborists/ Tree People. I am not complaining ,just surprised. Just for my 2 cents worth. Been a Tree Person for 27 Years. Teaching it for the last 7.5 years here in Hot springs Arkansas

Polexie, that sounds like a dream come true. Cutting and splitting wood for a castle.:cheers: While I think my home is my castle, and I never get tired of cutting wood. Your situation gives me envy.

Sam

What he said.

Thanks for your input :clap:

Where is the arborist here? Four years arborist and other eight years logger.

How to embed pictures

Nice to see pics like this :cheers: Nice job!!

attachment.php

With a name like ArborSite.com some I thought their would be More Arborists/ Tree People. I am not complaining ,just surprised. Just for my 2 cents worth. Been a Tree Person for 27 Years. Teaching it for the last 7.5 years here in Hot springs Arkansas

There are more. How many: don't know. I would like to hear from them too!!

Cmon guys, get out of your :taped:[high n mighty]:taped: trees:jester: and give us your account(s) :blob2: :blob4:

I needs me saws cause I needs to cuts me downs some trees!

They just keep getting in my way!

My latest project..

Great to see pics... good job!! I know what rocks can do (good and bad).

Are you a landscaper, or just landscaping your home?

I've watched some arborist vids on youtube and you guys are %^&$* amazing!!! Some serious scary sh** you get up too. I'm afraid of heights so I just prefer cutting on the ground :greenchainsaw:

Yep. Blunt and to the point...:hmm3grin2orange: :cheers:

I'm the hitchhiker on the Bud Lite commercials.

That, and a tin knocker. Cut wood for the woodburner. Putz with saws in the basement. They take up less room than motorcycles.

retired from one job went too another

was timber worker and industry went titts up:bang: now mostly do ranch hand work. still cut timber for homeowners,cuttin a little firewood for my self. i clear roads in the winter during storms when trees fall in the roads:laugh: :laugh: i am one of a few guys in my area that have saws capable of cuttin trees bigger than 24":rock:

I'm a machinist, and I work in the Tool Room of a large aluminum die cast plant for the last 15 years. I use my chainsaws for cutting firewood and clearing land and it's more fun than my day job!

Right now, I run daddy daycare for my two boys. Could change tomorrow if I get a job offer to get back into engineering. Used to be a design engineer for a printed circuit board company until they thought they could do better with the jokers they had in florida and mexico. Using my saw to cut wood for my soon to be wood boiler and building dirtbike trails and MX track in my back yard.

i'll hop in this thread but seeing how most you guys dont like me it'll probably die soon after. lol

anyway

had to go to work after school didnt pan out the first time and it was quite obvious form the get go a structured indoor environment isnt neccessarily the right one for me.

after a season on a weed wacker i knew the lawn wasnt either.

i hopped on with a gooood tree company and dragged brush for 6 months before i was even allowed to start a saw or touch a rope. although in that time i did learn how to care for the saws and wrap rope and some knots.

well as you go, if you care about yourself, you try to improve and make more money with your new skills. obvious right? never settle?

needless to say bought a saddle, spikes, rope and some other stuff and started to make it known that i wanted to go up after almost 3 or 4 yrs on the ground. that was over 5 yrs ago now.

along the way i have lived through my mistakes (only one extremely scary moment) and learned many valuable lessons.

i have met some complete morons along the way that should have no right doing what they do and have also have met some extremely talented hardworking men who have helped make my skill set what it is. (i have yet to meet a working female arborist, would like to though)

i climb trees and whatever else the job calls for.

my primary tool is my 200T with the occasional handsaw.

no snips though, that is for the landscaper. lol did i mention i am not fond of ornamental pruning?

anyway if this thread dies you can blame me. its what i do. lol

oldirty

Last edited:
i'll hop in this thread but seeing how most you guys dont like me it'll probably die soon after. lol

anyway

had to go to work after school didnt pan out the first time and it was quite obvious form the get go a structured indoor environment isnt neccessarily the right one for me.

after a season on a weed wacker i knew the lawn wasnt either.

i hopped on with a gooood tree company and dragged brush for 6 months before i was even allowed to start a saw or touch a rope. although in that time i did learn how to care for the saws and wrap rope and some knots.

well as you go, if you care about yourself, you try to improve and make more money with your new skills. obvious right? never settle?

needless to say bought a saddle, spikes, rope and some other stuff and started to make it known that i wanted to go up after almost 3 or 4 yrs on the ground. that was over 5 yrs ago now.

along the way i have lived through my mistakes (only one extremely scary moment) and learned many valuable lessons.

i have met some complete morons along the way that should have no right doing what they do and have also have met some extremely talented hardworking men who have helped make my skill set what it is. (i have yet to meet a working female arborist, would like to though)

i climb trees and whatever else the job calls for.

my primary tool is my 200T with the occasional handsaw.

no snips though, that is for the landscaper. lol did i mention i am not fond of ornamental pruning?

anyway if this thread dies you can blame me. its what i do. lol

oldirty
Looks like you paid your dues with that company. Glad to see that you haven't been hurt. Keep up the good work.

I thought that too for avery short while, if you look up what an arborist is, you will find not only arborists, but a whole lot of people caring about their trees etc etc, it ain't all cutting stuff up mon :)

:cheers:

Serge

Latest posts

Back