Thinking of new 60cc class saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane do you need to borrow this? Lol
y4a7a9eg.jpg

Have a line into both local dolly dealers waiting on a price for a 6100 & 6400. Haven't heard anything yet.
Had a chance to stop at another local jonsered dealer and they had a nos 2159 but the thing was price tagged at 670. There sales guy wasn't around to talk to though, but I thought that was a little on the to high side of things.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Have a line into both local dolly dealers waiting on a price for a 6100 & 6400. Haven't heard anything yet.
Had a chance to stop at another local jonsered dealer and they had a nos 2159 but the thing was price tagged at 670. There sales guy wasn't around to talk to though, but I thought that was a little on the to high side of things.

:eek: That's a really high price for what basically is a Husky 359 - stay away from that shop!

If $$$ is a factor then that easy choice also. Dolmar 6100

If $$$ is not a factor, then shovel some over here! Okay, back to the real world. :cool:

My 6100 is in-process of breaking in, and I love it! One smooth screamer! Handles a 20" b&c so easily (with a much-maligned "vanguard" chain) in yankee hardwood, I got a 24" to be able to put some load on it when the opportunity arises.

Well right now I'm leaning towards the echo due to pricing. Have been thinking of repowering my pp330 with a 380 jug and piston. That would be cheaper and give me what I'm looking for, or I could sell it for a $ influx to help.
Hmmm, what to do.

Still waiting on pricing from my johnny and dolmar dealers.

Well right now I'm leaning towards the echo due to pricing. Have been thinking of repowering my pp330 with a 380 jug and piston. That would be cheaper and give me what I'm looking for, or I could sell it for a $ influx to help.
Hmmm, what to do.

I'd rather have the pp330 than the echo.

The Dolly 6100 does look interesting, but the 555 is still my choice, it the 562xp is too much $$$.

Hmmm, what to do.

Nothing wrong at all with your considerations, although many are trying to tell you something else. In your situation I would also think very strongly about the Echo. With the money saved, repairing your 330 will be much sweeter. In the end you can still deside which saw to keep and won't have any extensive money in anything.
For me the experience of REAL LIFE USERS, is more important than number chrunchers who sit, like me, in front of a screen and have never had a 590/600/620 line of saws in their hands(Echo is practically non existent here in Austria and infrequent in Germany). And interestingly these real life users are all pointing in the direction of the 590. That has me thinking what it may mean...

If you have other saws with small or large mount you can exchange bars&chains.

Thanks, so not much I have a 545 so that would be small mount the 2260 is small mount, correct? Ehhh straight handles hurt. Guess ill have to get a 562 with large mount.

Latest posts

Back