Is Speeco, China parts assembled in USA?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosegunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Shopping for a splitter a dealer told me they used to sell speeco but had durability and warranty problems.

Most people on this board with Speeco or Huskee seem to report the opposite.

He said they are China parts assembled in USA, Is that right?

They now sell Brave and Timberwolf.

gg

Why do the Iron and Oak splitters cost more than Brave?

They seem to be almost $1000 more for a 26 ton.

gg

China parts assembled in the US?
Damn, US economy is really in the dump. Now the Chinese are out sourcing their jobs to the US.

Most things that say made in USA are only assembled here from Chinese parts. That is what the company I work for does, gets all its parts from China and stamps the housing and puts it together in a box saying Made In USA. Everything used to be made in house but after they sold their souls to Wal-Mart and starting turning out the cheapest product they could to meet Wal-Mart's demands for a cheaper product they had to send most of the manufacturing to China, although they just started another plant in Mexico.

Shopping for a splitter a dealer told me they used to sell speeco but had durability and warranty problems.

Most people on this board with Speeco or Huskee seem to report the opposite.

He said they are China parts assembled in USA, Is that right?

They now sell Brave and Timberwolf.

gg
I hope not! I just bought a new Speeco/Husky last fall.:msp_scared:

I knew some parts were from China so I e-mailed them about it, mainly the steel. They did not really say how much or what parts are USA. Due to the reps and reveiws on them from here, I went with a 35 T anyway. No complaints, other then the exhaust and that was fixed by moving the motor on the new ones, after 1 full year of heavy use for 2 households and selling extra.

I think you'll find that the main beam was weld in china, tires and hoses and even the hitch are from there. Most are assembled at the B&M. I had my druthers but I bought one two years ago. We split around 20 cords of wood per year. Mostly Oak and Elm. Goes right through the nasty stuff. If I was going to buy a splitter, I'd buy another one of the same.

what difference does it make where the parts are made?

hell, if you're hell bent on an all american made product, i guess you don't own a car or truck or an appliance or any electronic stuff in your house, which, by the way, probably was made out of chinese lumber.

about the only fully american made products these days are just trinkets found in a corner craft store.

hell, if you're hell bent on an all american made product, i guess you don't own a car or truck or an appliance or any electronic stuff in your house, which, by the way, probably was made out of chinese lumber.

about the only fully american made products these days are just trinkets found in a corner craft store.

Difference IS, if we don't MAKE anything, how are AMERICANS going to have a job?

A country becomes "rich" by producing more than it consumes. We as a nation, already consume more than we sell.

What would happen to us as a nation IF China decided to no longer trade with us? What if no one would sell us crude?

Do you see the problem yet with NOT being a self sufficient nation?

We can't as a nation, spend our way out of these problems.

I never said that I don't have stuff made in China, sometimes there aren't a lot of choice.

But I do think it would help if people make some effort to buy stuff not made in china if possible.

gg

Difference IS, if we don't MAKE anything, how are AMERICANS going to have a job?

A country becomes "rich" by producing more than it consumes. We as a nation, already consume more than we sell.

What would happen to us as a nation IF China decided to no longer trade with us? What if no one would sell us crude?

Do you see the problem yet with NOT being a self sufficient nation?

We can't as a nation, spend our way out of these problems.

you're preaching to the choir.

my point was everything made in the US isn't really made in the US.
so, if the OP'ster was concerned about speeco splitters having chinese parts, then i can presume he's equally concerned about his "american made" car or truck as well.

like it or not, we're in a global economy and it's here to stay. it isn't going away and we're not going to get any lost jobs back.

furthermore, the US has lost more jobs to mexico, yet no one seems to mind about that. let's not be biased in our complaints.

I never said that I don't have stuff made in China, sometimes there aren't a lot of choice.

But I do think it would help if people make some effort to buy stuff not made in china if possible.

gg

i worked for a company the sent most of it's products to mexico and the remainder went to china. (auto parts)

so, i am well aware of the effects of that practice. as i said in the above post, we're in a global economy. we have to deal with it.

Back