Mastermind Meets The Stihl 041 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job, Randy! I have several 041 Supers, may have to try this with one of them. Ever think about adding a velocity stack to the intake on these old AV saws? The 076 super has a velocity stack. Wonder if that would net any gains?

I wasn't, that's the time difference in the 'tuned' video, and the ported video. :rock:

Well it figures out to a 41% increase....tuned video was 13.8......ported was 8.1

Nice job, Randy! I have several 041 Supers, may have to try this with one of them. Ever think about adding a velocity stack to the intake on these old AV saws? The 076 super has a velocity stack. Wonder if that would net any gains?

I would rather have the stock appearance.

And after the mods.....

[video=youtube;nLA31E8SBIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLA31E8SBIM&feature=plcp[/video]

Another great job Randy. This reminds though, there was a fella on here that absolutely loves the 041. I can't remember who it was at the moment, but I'll search some older posts, and put him in contact with you, and stuff.

I got cut a little on the inside of my leg not long after I made those videos. I cut that block into a 10" cant then did some timed cuts with my Partner and a 9 pin. It threw the chain on the second cut and the chain slapped my leg. Dinked up my chain pretty bad too. :(

I reckon I need some chaps.......

Sorry to hear about your leg, and yes, some chaps would be a good idea..........remember you still have to wear pants with 'em..............oh, and make sure they cover your feet to........I wouldn't want you damaging your Croc's.

Another great job Randy. This reminds though, there was a fella on here that absolutely loves the 041. I can't remember who it was at the moment, but I'll search some older posts, and put him in contact with you, and stuff.

Sorry to hear about your leg, and yes, some chaps would be a good idea..........remember you still have to wear pants with 'em..............oh, and make sure they cover your feet to........I wouldn't want you damaging your Croc's.

You've already done that.........thanks a lot. :mad:

Thank you so very much for your concern. :msp_mellow:

You've already done that.........thanks a lot. :mad:

Thank you so very much for your concern. :msp_mellow:

Yeah so there I was ordering my sammich................oh wait, what? Oh this is when I should say it? Oh, okay......................

Hey Randy, you're welcome.

too tired to fool with it last night. Delivered a 10x12 playhouse to some people yesterday afternoon. Between the soffit on the back of the house and the bank was 9'. I dug the bank out the entire length of the house with a shovel and mattock to get that building where they wanted it. Was there from little after 3 to 7:30pm. Then drove by my mom's house bc I got a call from my sister that mom was carrying shingles up onto the roof (12 trips up the ladder to get a bundle up there) trying to help their roofing contractor get a good start today. So I drove by there on my way back home and carried all the bundles up the ladder and stacked along the peak of the roof.

So, I'll try to fool with it tonight when I get home.

I know the rules- Pic or it didnt happen. Here is the del. Pulled the building from the backside and used a hi lift jack to throw the front end away from the house as I came around it.

I'd hop up a toaster. :msp_sneaky:

Is that code for some form of nefarious activity?

Oh by the way Randy, I remember who it was that has an affinity for the 041. I went ahead, and gave him your phone number. He should be contacting you as soon as he returns from his beach trip. Hopefully you won't be NLA when he calls.

Is that code for some form of nefarious activity?

Oh by the way Randy, I remember who it was that has an affinity for the 041. I went ahead, and gave him your phone number. He should be contacting you as soon as he returns from his beach trip. Hopefully you won't be NLA when he calls.

I'm sure I will be....... :msp_thumbup:

my dad has an 041 fb he bought new when i was 8 yo it still runs great and i'm working on 42 now,i might have to get another 041 and send to you to work your magic on for a present for dad!:msp_biggrin:

Roger, what a great idea. Rep sent.

Back