"You Suck" Thread 2018--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hHi Bob
you know I have a thing for those,Just finished picking up a bunch of stuff From
Scotty today a pickup load of parts and 020 saws Stihl tools ,carb Kits oem p/c,s
what do you need for the 181se?
I dont think anything at the moment, got a decent complete chain brake/cover from Princeton.
I need to go over the saw this winter. Runs but floods easy when trying to start.
And thank for the offer,,,I know where you live!! LOL

Just a fortuitous pickup today. Headed to the bin at a local small engine shop. It appeared locked up, so he passed it on free of charge. A bit of WD-40 through the carb into the bottom end proved otherwise. Piston is mint and everything is intact. '82 date stamp under top cover. Tube steel brake flag. Early one I gather.

About time I figure out what all the fuss is with this particular saw. First one I've ever seen locally.

Partner 5000 (1).JPG Partner 5000 (2).JPG

All, good morning. I picked up this Super 1050 a few weeks ago. I posted the find in the Homelite Thread, but thought I'd share here. I found this locally here in the Richmond area. It came with a 24" bar with a .404 chain and they're in good condition. It runs really well, and I may put the 42" bar from my Homelite 750 on it to see how it would perform. I really love the inventory tag on the air cleaner cover. See the extra hole? Oh well! These saws are still out there, you just have to put in the time, effort, and energy to find them. I simply got lucky. Lastly, I have a NOS piston, rings, and clips along with a NOS gasket for this beast should it ever need them and I might mount a full wrap if I can find one. Best, and have a great week. Max.

Attachments

• Homelite Super 1050 Pic. 1.jpeg
    Homelite Super 1050 Pic. 1.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Homelite Super 1050 Pic. 2.jpeg
    Homelite Super 1050 Pic. 2.jpeg
    701.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Homelite Super 1050 Pic. 3.jpeg
    Homelite Super 1050 Pic. 3.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 39
Well, I like that Mac 640 !
I haven't found the photos I wished to download, but I will try to attach a shot of my old 2100 CD Husky. It has a long bar for cutting Digger Pine which grows large and pretty much requires a "faller's saw" to buck 38" rounds. ( I think it is a 42-inch bar ). The first thing I did to this saw when I stumbled across it in a yard sale back in 1984 was to tear it apart and install new crank seals. Then I made an adaptor to mount the big Green-Weenie air cleaner. I have cut probably 80+ chords of wood with this trusty saw, and gave it a cleaning and general service in 2016. 2-days ago, I fired it up to cut up some large tough tree-fork rounds that the wood splitter couldn't handle.
My god it is a heavy-beast. I have a newer 394 XP that my father gave me which is much lighter, and a PIA to start, but I ran it the last 2-woodcutting seasons and did cut my 6-chord quota each year to get us through the long cold winters. We burn 1-chord of pine per month to heat a 1550 sq. ft. home.
It is a challenge to keep the old stuff running smoothly and to find parts as needed.

Attachments

• Husky 2100 CD from Greaser007.JPG
    Husky 2100 CD from Greaser007.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
I got this bunch recently for $75 CDN.
View attachment 674769

The end result after a lot of scrubbing, painting and wrenching is this.
BTW, the 2101XP ran right away without any work other than some build up of courage to pull the dang thing over.
View attachment 674770
View attachment 674771
View attachment 674772
View attachment 674773
View attachment 674774
View attachment 674775

Excellent finds, nice work, that's one a hell of a score! Good for you! Max.

I got this bunch recently for $75 CDN.
View attachment 674769

The end result after a lot of scrubbing, painting and wrenching is this.
BTW, the 2101XP ran right away without any work other than some build up of courage to pull the dang thing over.

Yup. YOU SUCK! Damn they came out clean. How did you clean them? Also, I'll give you $75 for the 2101XP ;)

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, when the big Husky fired up I knew this was an "I suck deal".
FlyinFinn: To clean the saws I start with STP foaming degreaser. This stuff cuts grease, grime and oil really well but does not dull plastic while doing so. I follow this up with a good soak in very hot water and lots of Dawn dish soap then give a good rinse. For the plastic parts I give them a coating of Future acrylic liquid floor polish. The Future acrylic puts a tough clear coating on the plastics that brings back the look of new and helps keep gunk from sticking. The 2101XP did not get taken apart so the paint is as I found it. The MS 660 was completely disassembled so I took the time to repaint it using Sherwin-Williams 2-part automotive paint that is a custom Stihl color match made up by a local autobody shop for me. BTW, thanks for the generous $$ offer on the 2101XP but I've grown somewhat fond of it so it will be staying around my house for a while longer, lol.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, when the big Husky fired up I knew this was an "I suck deal".
FlyinFinn: To clean the saws I start with STP foaming degreaser. This stuff cuts grease, grime and oil really well but does not dull plastic while doing so. I follow this up with a good soak in very hot water and lots of Dawn dish soap then give a good rinse. For the plastic parts I give them a coating of Future acrylic liquid floor polish. The Future acrylic puts a tough clear coating on the plastics that brings back the look of new and helps keep gunk from sticking. The 2101XP did not get taken apart so the paint is as I found it. The MS 660 was completely disassembled so I took the time to repaint it using Sherwin-Williams 2-part automotive paint that is a custom Stihl color match made up by a local autobody shop for me. BTW, thanks for the generous $$ offer on the 2101XP but I've grown somewhat fond of it so it will be staying around my house for a while longer, lol.

Cheers,
Steve
Nuts! It was worth a shot :D

Thanks for the info on cleaning! I have some dirty saws that need attention...

Sawman that was a real "hit-score" for those powerheads, very nice.

Here is a photo of the Green-Weenie air filter adapter that I made a few years back for my 394 XP Husky:

I used a PVC water fitting adapter and milled it with my Dremel (hand-held-cnc) moto-tool and used Loctite SuperGlue to glue the fitting to the carb stack to eliminate the cheesy stock air cleaner which I find to allow lots of dirt through. The only modification to the saw was to remove the rubber lip that sealed the carb intake stack to stock air cleaner cover. No more cover to mess with.

Attachments

• IMG_7613.JPG
    IMG_7613.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7614.JPG
    IMG_7614.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7608.JPG
    IMG_7608.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 26
Back