110 leaded racing gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about peoples fascination with castor-based two stroke oils. They were the deal back before current generation semi-synthetic and full synthetic oils came out, but they don't perform to the same level as moderl oils. Nobody at the local pro go-kart track uses castor oils, and none of the two stroke MX guys run it either.

If you just like the smell, get some of the scented additives that some snowmobile guys/girls run in their sleds. You can have bubblegum-scent if you want :)

Klotz Super Techniplate isn't "castor based" like the 2-stroke oils of old that you refer to. It's a synthetic based oil, with some castor added. I like having a bit of castor in the mix, because it still gives fantastic protection during leanout/overheat conditions. In the RC car racing world, most folks still like a smidge of castor in thier mostly-synthetic oil equipped fuels for this reason. Castor also plays well with alcohol (and ethanol is sneaking into more and more of our available pump gas every day) while many synthetics are NOT rated for alcohol. Again, it's a bit of insurance. When I'm able to run 100LL avgas I run Redline synthetic. The Kart and MX guys are NOT running pump gas with ethanol I'd wager...:cheers:

Last edited:
Who peed in your wheaties this morning? If he's over 200 PSI, then some of that octane may be required. I don't need to prove it. The science is already there. Google is your friend.

If you would read the thread you would see that I started it.

And yes some of my saws do have over 200 PSI.

You know if you can't read you should not comment.

I guess it was you AND the kid who peed in my wheaties!

I really don't need to google it Brad, my family and I have been been buildin' high performance engines since way before you were born!

Yep... the lead helps to lubricate the valve seats...

Gary

I must have overlooked the valves in my chainsaws..... LOL

Think I will just keep running my regular pump gas in my saws. They seem to get along with it pretty well and it only costs me $2.50 a gallon, plus oil. What did the race gas cost you? I have not looked in years but it used to be around $5 a gallon when regular fuel was only $1-$1.50 a gallon, now that is around my area. For the ones who are in my area, I am speaking of the Clipper Mart on Williamson Rd in Roanoke. Now that I am in Rocky Mount there is little local owned store on 220 called The One Stop Shop that sales the Cam 2 race fuel.

Last edited:

I really don't need to google it Brad, my family and I have been been buildin' high performance engines since way before you were born!
I have been building race engines for 20 years, too much octane can slow down the burn rate and kill power. Now it all depends, some race gases burn quicker than others. Now for 200psi and up chainsaws, simple 100-105 octane unleaded is all thats needed, maybe not even that. I use VP SEF 94 and VP C10 unlead race fuels, runs just fine and you don't have the lead to breath. Heck the old Sunoco Ultra 94 never burned up my one saw with 205psi compression. I also run a developement engine dynamometer, so I know a little about engines and fuel. Everyone has a opinion, don't get so bent out of shape.

Last edited:
If wanted attempt to pickup power from race gas, try some VP Q16, might need to increase the jet in the carb though.

Last edited:
I run Sunoco 110 leaded in all my OPE with no noticable power loss and ive never had to put a carb kit it or clean out carbon. My saw are tuned for it some people like to run it without changing any settings from pump and they dont idle or get to free load rpm as before they need to be leaned out quite a bit to run right. Ive found with many of the unlimited coil saws they tune 500 to 650 rpm higher on 110 vs. pump while still fourstroking.

Edit: I do know the oil in pump gas slows down combustion. I run at 50:1 mix.

LMAO... race gas in saws...

:laugh:

Gary

Well Gary,

You and BS are douche bags.

You see, you can rebuild a Holley, and BS can screw some extra exhaust outlets on top if a dremilled hole in a muff.

Then proceed to hold their customers saws (on video) at 16,000 RPMs (out of the wood)

You know that aint the way I was brought up.

You probably never heard of my Dad, he was kinda the Smokey Yunick around these parts.

And when a fella moved here it didn't take him long to hook up with my Dad.

That Gentleman was John Lingenfelter. I bet ya dollars to donuts he learned more than a thing or two from my old man.

I don't know 1/4 of what my Dad and John knew, but John, my Dad, or I would never treat a customers engine like that.

Hell, I have an old Briggs under my bench that John himself did the valves on some 20 years ago after Dad went blind.(bet they were bench racin' the whole time)

I would like to think they're up in Heaven bench racin' and lookin down on this thread and sayin' Go lil' mo!:buttkick:

This is gonna get ugly fast. Unsubscribing now to keep my email box from blowing up. If anyone wants to talk to me about my earlier posts, send me a PM as I won't know if you reply here.....

And that justifies your caustic attitude? Try getting out of bed on the other side tomorrow morning. And BTW, I don't care who your Dad is. Who are YOU?

Last edited:
HAHAHA!... lots of name dropping... whatever dude.

I could give two rips of who you and your Dad are...

This ain't my first rodeo either mang... Plus i got nothin' in common with Brad. I'm a westcoast timber faller that has run a couple of race saws in my life. Including one that was a 215 ci Buick V8. Brad is some cat in the midwest that does this as a hobby... I have never claimed to be an expert. I don't build "race saws"... but think it's hilarious when cats come on here with all their claims... funny stuff.

You wanna name drop? How about Roland Leong... Walt Austin... or Jan Opperman? Ring a bell?

Gary

me thinks you and brads heads are too big for MT. Rushmore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back