2172 vs 2188 is it worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK...I bent the crank in a new 2171 hoped up.
Then two, 2186 used, built then cranks went in a week.
But they say husquvarna has the same internal parts. No issues with husquvarna cranks

IDK...I bent the crank in a new 2171 hoped up.
Then two, 2186 used, built then cranks went in a week.
But they say husquvarna has the same internal parts. No issues with husquvarna cranks

My girlfriend when i was 21 or so had a roomate that was doin the wild thing with her boyfriend one night after boozin heavy and doin a bunch of chalk and i guess he got a little too much rpm goin and bent his crank real bad..he ended up in the ER...his piston swelled up to the size of a beer can and bruised real bad..it was funny.

true story.

My cutting sounds just like yours. My tree monkey 2171 is getting a lot of hours but still running strong. Pulls a 24" buried in oak very well. Only other large saw is a 111s with a 42" bar but the 2171 is still twice as productive in 3-4' stuff. Never ran a 2188 but the 660 I ran didn't see an advantage till it had a 32" bar to use the extra torque. I go to the woods with a 2260 20", and a 2171 24" and am quite happy. Cold days I run the 2153WH.

My girlfriend when i was 21 or so had a roomate that was doin the wild thing with her boyfriend one night after boozin heavy and doin a bunch of chalk and i guess he got a little too much rpm goin and bent his crank real bad..he ended up in the ER...his piston swelled up to the size of a beer can and bruised real bad..it was funny.

true story.
Lol..Ouch

Yeah he broke his dikk.
Not hard enough to mate,but hard enough to 'break'.
Tailbone shot.
Thats what happens when you try to 'overthrow' the wife...lol
Yeah reverse cowgirl can be dangerous.
Happend to a friends cousin too.
It takes 6 months for repair.
Happings with bulls I hear?

Lol..Ouch

Yeah he broke his dikk.
Not hard enough to mate,but hard enough to 'break'.
Tailbone shot.
Thats what happens when you try to 'overthrow' the wife...lol
Yeah reverse cowgirl can be dangerous.
Happend to a friends cousin too.
It takes 6 months for repair.
Happings with bulls I hear?

His name was danny ridge and i called him"soup can dan" after that..i never let him live it down :laugh:

His name was danny ridge and i called him"soup can dan" after that..i never let him live it down :laugh:
:laugh:..kinda got a bit of a double entendre going on there:laugh:
so here is a couple more for you. I ain't 'touching it' some 'members' here are real dirty.*kick self:buttkick:thinking...that guy won't talk to me again*...lol
Peace

I have a ported 2188, and it is ridiculous. I can't imagine running a 70cc that would hang with it... That would be downright scary. I also have a ported 7900, but it's no match for the 2188.
I wanted a 2172/372 and couldn't find one so I picked up a clean 2186 which is the same saw as 2188 with a few cc's less. I've cut some with 044 and 372 and wouldn't go back to them after using the bigger saw, unless you are doing a lot of limbing with this saw and in that case the extra weight gets old in a hurry.

Watch the classifieds on here. Mastermind has (or maybe had at this point) a 394 for $750 or you can find stock 85-90 cc saws in the $550-700 range.
394 is a big bastard of a saw and I don't think many guys want to lug one of them around for a firewood saw. Here's a 395xp vs. a 390xp...
image.jpg

I cannot vouch for his work but perhaps others can.
I owned that saw, and it was a good running saw. It would spank my BIL's 10mm KS 044 by plenty.

The 2172 is a good saw. Light and strong. Thats what I chose when I was in the same situation. If I am in need of a saw with more power, i'll be skipping the 90cc saws and go straight up to the 120cc class

Back