395xp Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL ya. I just have to let the odd one go though, If I never got rid of any saws that I have gotten, I'd probably not be able to get in my garage. Besides I still have 5 394/95's

That's not good to hear Will. :cry:

The old fella that was out with us while cutting the redbox has got 394/5's 2100/01's needing work and he won't let go of them. Not yet anyway. ;)

Now that's a really good thought as he is a pisshead...Hmmmm...

ha ha. There ya go, get him drunk first then offer a few cases of beer, I bet he's more willing to talk then! I wish you lived closer, cause it was be easy to hook you up with a 395 project. Wonder how much it would cost to ship one over?

ha ha. There ya go, get him drunk first then offer a few cases of beer, I bet he's more willing to talk then! I wish you lived closer, cause it was be easy to hook you up with a 395 project. Wonder how much it would cost to ship one over?

about 50.00 to SE TX!!!! LOLOL!!!!! :givebeer:

Last edited:
Cool I only have two with pop ups an 044/046 big bore and an 084,, the 044 is @ 200 PSI and the 084 is around 185,,,, after seeing this thread I want to mod my 394XP!!!!!:cheers: w/2101 Husky Popup here we go!!!!:givebeer: got to fix my flooding/starting problem first:dizzy:

Last edited:
Cool I only have two with pop ups an 044/046 big bore and an 084,, the 044 is @ 200 PSI and the 084 is around 185,,,, after seeing this thread I want to mod my 394XP!!!!!:cheers: w/2101 Husky Popup here we go!!!!:givebeer: got to fix my flooding/starting problem first:dizzy:

Ya, just do it all at once! LOL

Just had the saw back to check tune, its only been run maybe 4 tanks of gas, still set at 13,000rpm, I figure that's good enough for a tree service, it's really 4stroking like crazy at 13k, but I find that if I try to lean it anymore, just a very little adjustment, the thing runs up to just over 14,500, I don't really want it there seeing as it will see some stump duty. It'll probably drink gas like a pig at 13k but oh well, such is life. Checked compression again, and its at 175psi.

Just had the saw back to check tune, its only been run maybe 4 tanks of gas, still set at 13,000rpm, I figure that's good enough for a tree service, it's really 4stroking like crazy at 13k, but I find that if I try to lean it anymore, just a very little adjustment, the thing runs up to just over 14,500, I don't really want it there seeing as it will see some stump duty. It'll probably drink gas like a pig at 13k but oh well, such is life. Checked compression again, and its at 175psi.

Are they capable of keeping the saw tuned properly?

leave it rich for sure. I smeared my 460 stumping! Don't let em kill that saw!

Are they capable of keeping the saw tuned properly?

Ahhh, well, they've been known to toast a couple saws, this one just seems touchy on the high end, I told him not to touch it if he feels at all uncomfortable, I said just bring it to me and I'll do it, I see them weekly so its not a problem there.

This saw used to be theirs!! LOL, I traded them for it, I build up a good 200T for them, so I got the 395 plus some cash. Then one of them smeared a piston on his personal 395xpg, so I took that in trade for this 395 plus some cash. So its just a big freakin circle.

Free saws are fun...

and 'free' saws are fun too! sometimes less work... ( when you buy three for 600, and do nothing but clean and tune, and sell 2 for 650, you've got a saw for 'free'...)

probably more exciting the 2nd way.

I had a guy call me locally, wanted his 625 j-red fixed (nephew ran straight gas..) no one would fix it, and he LOVED the saw...

i pulled it apart, and things didn't look right... took some #'s... it's a 670 top end!!! :clap: weird thing is, the cyl, piston, and ring look usable... but the ring is stuck in the piston.. edges are still sharp enough to cut my finger quite well!!

we'll fix this one, and ad some $$ to the saw fund... (to buy Will's next project 95cc saw :clap::D

Free saws are fun...

and 'free' saws are fun too! sometimes less work... ( when you buy three for 600, and do nothing but clean and tune, and sell 2 for 650, you've got a saw for 'free'...)

probably more exciting the 2nd way.

I had a guy call me locally, wanted his 625 j-red fixed (nephew ran straight gas..) no one would fix it, and he LOVED the saw...

i pulled it apart, and things didn't look right... took some #'s... it's a 670 top end!!! :clap: weird thing is, the cyl, piston, and ring look usable... but the ring is stuck in the piston.. edges are still sharp enough to cut my finger quite well!!

we'll fix this one, and ad some $$ to the saw fund... (to buy Will's next project 95cc saw :clap::D

Ya, I do it both ways. LOL

Next 95er for ya? Hmm, well, see how it goes.

Ya, I do it both ways. LOL

Next 95er for ya? Hmm, well, see how it goes.

:) not that i don't want to learn...but it almost seemed like you SMOKED (i know, use that term lightly...lol) your old saw with the speed of this one...

so, no 2101 piston? stick to the 395 slug?

Back