395xp Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a strong running saw, really need some bigger wood to properly test it though. Great job!!

That would be a deal if I had the green or needed the saw. 600.00 sounds cheap. It's probably worth at least 800.00.
John

Yes that would be a deal, that's because I like ya John.

That looks like a strong running saw, really need some bigger wood to properly test it though. Great job!!

Looks like a strong running saw.
I love the sound at idle.
Nice job.

Lee

Thanks Fellas, yes I need some bigger wood, and slap on a bigger bar!! I'm going to try to arrange that.

Looks real strong Parris.

Thanks Brad!!

Just talked to the guy that wants it, I said come get it and run it for this week, put it through it paces, since I have nothing to really cut up at the moment. I want to know its going to keep running before I sell it to him, and give him a chance to try it out and make up his mind.

Thanks Brad!!

Just talked to the guy that wants it, I said come get it and run it for this week, put it through it paces, since I have nothing to really cut up at the moment. I want to know its going to keep running before I sell it to him, and give him a chance to try it out and make up his mind.

:popcorn::popcorn:

sounds good... your from BC...might be tough to find bigger wood out there :monkey: LOL!!!

if he doesn't take it,

you have your 2nd in line :)

J

cool..

hmm... cash + a 394 needing a piston, that's seen about as much chain scaring as a (homeowner)55 rancher?? lol :greenchainsaw::cheers:

you know you love projects.

yeah, your teasing me with the 14" log (if that...)

i'll send ya some of my white oak if you want!!! it was 30" at the base.

I'd have to try real hard to get anything around 40+!!!

J

Just a non scientific comparison here, need all your opinions.

Here is my other ported 395 with 2101 piston, I think this new one is a little faster, pretty much same size wood.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwSoemMJK78&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SwSoemMJK78&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

and here is the new one!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa3np2wjo78&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa3np2wjo78&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

cool..

hmm... cash + a 394 needing a piston, that's seen about as much chain scaring as a (homeowner)55 rancher?? lol :greenchainsaw::cheers:

you know you love projects.

yeah, your teasing me with the 14" log (if that...)

i'll send ya some of my white oak if you want!!! it was 30" at the base.

I'd have to try real hard to get anything around 40+!!!

J

ha ha. Trust me, I wish I had a 36" piece of wood sitting here I could put it in.

ha ha. Trust me, I wish I had a 36" piece of wood sitting here I could put it in.

LOL...

just drop by your neighbors house!!! they must have something you could cut down!!

your tests...hmm... i counted just about 5 sec on the 1st, and *maybe just a hair over 4 sec on the new one..

LOL...

just drop by your neighbors house!!! they must have something you could cut down!!

your tests...hmm... i counted just about 5 sec on the 1st, and *maybe just a hair over 4 sec on the new one..

Ya, I was figuring about a second as well.

Hmm, where is the biggest tree?? Oh, there is a huge fir just up the street!! Probably 40" at the butt. and 150' tall.

You better dump that ripe pumpkin. At least save the butt log! Lol
John

Sounds like Will might need it over the next few months with the projects rolling in...lol

Will, maybe you should sell him your old saw...lolol...

LOL, I think I'd get myself into a heap of trouble if I did that. 150' tree that is about 20' from a house, and within striking distance of many more! LOL

By that i mean your 1st 'practice' 395 mod-build...' lol

Will, what do you feel made the biggest difference? the piston?

can you port wider with the 2101 piston also??

Jay

Yes you can port wider. the first 395 in that post with the 2101 piston I just kinda ported it with no numbers. This one I went by the numbers, used a degree wheel, and was just well more precise. This last saw I think runs better, just because I took more time with it, and I think it has better porting numbers. I think I may go back into that other 395 and see if I can do some more to it.

That's saw is running strong. I need to mess with the one I've got some. I need some more wood to test in too.

Back