• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 500I

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is either a joke or a scam artist, that saw in the pic has never been used. enlarge the pic and look at the front of it. the sticker is still there unmarred. no way has it had 10 tanks through it. the ad is also sketchy..mostly wood? what else would he be cutting. New saw and he can't recall throwing a chain and then maybe one give or take? Busted fuel lines on a new saw? also the guy has not posted anything else or defended his post. poster is a troll.
I use my 500I for sheet rock on the weekends. I'll give you a good deal on it, promise.

Up for sale, is a 2022 500I with regular handle and dawgs. I bought this saw new because I felt like trying out a fuel injected saw.

I've put maybe 10 tanks, give or take, through this saw. Mostly wood, and not abused, allowed warm up when started and to cool after cuts. Can't recall having any chain tosses.. Maybe one, give or take. None of the vitals are damaged. No busted fuel lines. NEVER stored in a back of a truck and bouncing around. Always sat on the work bench when not in use. Longest bar used on this saw was a 25"

$1700 shipped/insured PHO to the lower 48.

WONT entertain offers/trades. PayPal F&F.

I know what I got.
Shoot I should list 3 of mine for $1900 for 3/4 wrap and Max Air flow filter and Egan straight shot, the 500i R one with max air and Egan straight shot for $2200. as they only have 1/2-1 tank of gas on em. That's why I told my wife chainsaws are an investment. 😀

guys, guys
its listed so high because its that new fancy black hole 500i, this new technology allows the saw to stay perfectly clean and not even show signs of the chain falling off.
NASA has been working a long time with Stihl on these, its really incredible that one of us lucky members will be able to purchase a one of a kind black hole 500i
the price seems fair for this amazing technology, it cost NASA and Stihl $1.2B to produce this saw, so it truly is a great price!

I am surprised that no one bought the saw. You know there is a chance there could be a recall and stihl could refund up to 2,000 for that saw. Could be an easy way to make a few hundred at the sellers price point.

Up for sale, is a 2022 500I with regular handle and dawgs. I bought this saw new because I felt like trying out a fuel injected saw.

I've put maybe 10 tanks, give or take, through this saw. Mostly wood, and not abused, allowed warm up when started and to cool after cuts. Can't recall having any chain tosses.. Maybe one, give or take. None of the vitals are damaged. No busted fuel lines. NEVER stored in a back of a truck and bouncing around. Always sat on the work bench when not in use. Longest bar used on this saw was a 25"

$1700 shipped/insured PHO to the lower 48.

WONT entertain offers/trades. PayPal F&F.

I know what I got.
Would you take $1800 ?

I am surprised that no one bought the saw. You know there is a chance there could be a recall and stihl could refund up to 2,000 for that saw. Could be an easy way to make a few hundred at the sellers price point.
That is a big "chance" to take. Even then.... it would make more sense to buy one new at the dealer, and take your chances at the $2000 refund bingo lol.

That is a big "chance" to take. Even then.... it would make more sense to buy one new at the dealer, and take your chances at the $2000 refund bingo lol.

They already recalled the fuel injected cutoff saw years back before the 500i came out.

Big ole fireball if the injector leaks/fails

The seller is on a website that everyone knows the values. He then tries to sell a used saw for more than retail without a bar and chain. Then insults everyone with the comment I know what I have. No low balling. Than when called out on it. Just states he is putting it out there to see if someone is Crazy enough to buy it for said price. He will learn that even if he tries to sell a saw on here with a fair price there will be no buyers.

The seller is on a website that everyone knows the values. He then tries to sell a used saw for more than retail without a bar and chain. Then insults everyone with the comment I know what I have. No low balling. Than when called out on it. Just states he is putting it out there to see if someone is Crazy enough to buy it for said price. He will learn that even if he tries to sell a saw on here with a fair price there will be no buyers.

He made an attempt at poking fun at me.

I have posted up a lightly used saw with a bad fuel line (part is ordered and waiting) for $200+ less than retail price for a single unit at most dealerships.

Bruce, on the other site, put up his 20% off sale a few days later. He is a large volume dealer and gets better pricing and/or has better interest rates than smaller dealers, as many are, and as such as extends the savings.

That's about the gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back