Aw crap.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The neighbor has some lake front property that needs to be attended to this summer I guess. I don't get the impression that he'll be doing a muffler mod or trimming carb limiter caps.

He used to ride dirt bikes, so he has some two-stroke experience, and knows better than to straight-gas a chainsaw.

I just want to make sure he buys a saw big enough, so he doesn't feel the need to ask to use mine. Like that would ever happen.........:laughing:

At least I'm gonna get a lunch out of the deal. :drinkingcoffee:

That is just karma coming back to bite you in the ass for the dig you threw out to JW and his sister.

You obviously haven't been paying close attention, or.......you're related to ole JW himself.

He's the king of digs and no one beats him to the punch. He's a very sad and sorry individual w/o a soul.

It sounds like an seldom use saw for joe homeowner. In that case I would look at the following:

Echo 490, Husqvarna 545, Stihl 251 and my personal favorit by far Dolmar 421! Should be had for around 300€.

Why do I prefer the 421? Because it is built like a pro saw, made for the ambitious homeowner, with all the goodies (easy start, mag case, etc.) could want. A few here use them im a professional setting and except for chains, bars, chain oil and fuel never have had a problem after hundreds of refills.

If he needs more power, which I personally highly doubt, the echo 590 can't be beat! A slightly detuned pro saw that will work for him for decades to come with proper maintenance. Further the Husqvarna 555 or Dolmar 5105 or 6100 all fit into the same nich. The 5105 & 6100 being the only real pro saws out of the bunch.

What I would NOT buy! A pro saw from Stihl or Husqvarna. Simply WAY to expensive for the at best average use!

Nothing wrong at all with an "economy" saw, mentioned above. Way more important to invest the saved money on PPE = personal protection equipment!!! = saw chaps, eye & ear protection, helmet, chainsaw boots, etc. Further get a quality chainsaw sharpening kit. Personally I find the husqvarna roller guide one of the best out there. Cost around 20$ depending on correct chain size.

I'm going to suggest that we first stop at a few pawnshops and see what is available. Maybe, something will work out and he'll save some bucks. At least he'll have a chance to see what's available and get some kind of idea as to pricing.

Next stop, maybe a Home Depot to look at some Echo's. They seem to have a good selection. I have a strong feeling he is going to want to stay with a name brand saw.

lol i put in my day for now in a month or so you wont see me much . maybe you should go to bed earlier so youd be up in time to get picked on before i leave in the morning

ummmm what color dress and high heels do you have on today ?

ummmm what color dress and high heels do you have on today ?

You know, when one fixates on such like you are doing, that pretty much says you have an interest that runs deeper than most, and what would be thought of as not normal.

I don't recall ever asking another forum member what color their dress and high heels were.

I've taken numerous university level courses in psychology. I have a good working (street level) knowledge of what flies and what doesn't. You need to "pull up" before you crash. ;)

no all im saying is you act like a woman alot complaining moaning and ******** your headache is likely due to the stuff you polish your saw with

no all im saying is you act like a woman alot complaining moaning and ******** your headache is likely due to the stuff you polish your saw with

I've never been in love with life, and I don't act like it's all that and a bag of chips. Life, for the most part, can really suck.

I've seen it up close and personal for over 30 yrs. I've seen what it can do to others, even those that had noting to do with what took place.

Call me jaded if you want. I see life for what it IS.........NOT what it could be.

BTW......I'll polish my motorcycle, but never a chainsaw. Now you know better.

I'll throw another vote in for an Echo CS-590... probably the best bang for his buck... and a muffler mod and retune is all it needs to make it a great performer.

I love my MS-261C-MQ as well, but that's mostly because it's the one I'm most comfortable with up in a tree, when I need something bigger than the tophandle saws. The 590 is $400 new, considerably cheaper than the Stihl.

Looks like I got a pass. :)

The neighbor called and said that a friend of his is going to sell him a saw. He's going over Sunday to pick it up.
Hope it doesn't have any problems or he will be over at his expert neighbors house asking for help.

Latest posts

Back