Big Homelite. What's considered the best?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 750 almost guaranteed needs a new intake boot. Definitely check the piston and cylinder. If the top end is toasted, the saw's value is cut in half. I like the 2100 over the 750, but the 2100 is heavy, with no AV, so it wouldn't be as practical as a 750 out in the woods. Neither one is particularly "practical", they are really collector saws at this point.

Here is my two cents. The best BIG HOMELITE is any you can get your hands on lol. I personally love 925s i guess because I grew up running one and know what they are capable of. My Dad's sure cut a lot of wood to heat our house and that was after it had served a full life as a pro saw.

A few more pics. Anyone know if a 550 wrap handle will fit the 750? The guy had a 550 and 330 but I didn't have enough money or room in the car for all 3 saws.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    777.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    725.7 KB · Views: 58
That's a very nice 750 you have there, and congratulations on your find. That's one of the cleanest I've seen. When/if possible you should go back and grab the 550. The 750 is a true beast no doubt, but the 550 is a pleasure to work with due to its lighter weight. How is the condition of your muffler at the vertical area for the stack section? Have you checked the boot yet? It's cheap insurance to replace the boot if it feels the least bit spongy. Keep us posted, and again, nice find! Max.

That's a very nice 750 you have there, and congratulations on your find. That's one of the cleanest I've seen. When/if possible you should go back and grab the 550. The 750 is a true beast no doubt, but the 550 is a pleasure to work with due to its lighter weight. How is the condition of your muffler at the vertical area for the stack section? Have you checked the boot yet? It's cheap insurance to replace the boot if it feels the least bit spongy. Keep us posted, and again, nice find! Max.
Thank you. I have seen one cleaner 750 than mine on youtube. The guy has like 6 of them and ones perfect. I think hes from Massachusetts and I bet a member here. Anyways before I bought it I learned here to check boot, exhaust and handle. I got it from a saw dealer who closed up shop and was selling everything. The story behind the 75o was a local guy bought it to use for competitive racing but never used it for work because he was a Christmas tree farmer. The 550 he had also belonged to the same original owner and I'm guessing was used for racing only in the smaller cc class. I plan on going back to get the 550 asap.

That sounds good. I can't wait to see the 550 when you go back for it. Does it have a full wrap handle? Don't forget that it has a boot as well. I have a really nice/minty one that I received from the original owner when it wouldn't start due to a , you guessed it, faulty boot. I have another one I use as my runner with a 24 inch bar. Good luck, Max.

Latest posts

Back